Stunning

***Persephone's POV***

We watched the projector of memories as Darius beamed with pride. All our faces glowed wildly as Aubrey's courage ripped thru her mom. She was stunning. Our chosen one had found her voice.

Honestly, I had goosebumps as she laid down her wrath.

Her outburst twisted the hands of fate in a very miraculous direction.

Aubrey moved in with her mom and siblings to a family home in a town two hours from their previous one. The tormentor seemed gone for good. We watched diligently as Aubrey blew thru life.

>>>>>>>>>>

Times came and went where Aubrey made more courageous stands. She spent countless hours molding her mom into a parent. It was hard to watch. But, opposed to what she had been thru over the last 9 years, this was a breeze.

When Aubrey was 14, the courts granted Custody of Aubrey's youngest sister, 3, to her mom with visitation at the tormentors. We all watched in astonishment as the judge made his fatal call.

Selflessly, Aubrey granted her mother a request that stunned us all.

"Mom we can't let her go, Anya can't go!" Aubrey pleaded.

"I can't change the judges decision, Aubrey. I wish I could but I have to comply." Her mom whimpered.

"He might hurt her, he might touch her. I can't live with that." Aubrey confessed.

"I have no choice, what would you have me to do?" Her mom stated in defeat.

"I don't know mom, think of something, please." Aubrey begged.

"You could go with her. It's only two weekends a month. You could make sure he doesn't hurt her." Aubrey's mother disgustingly bartered.

"Okay. I will." Aubrey agreed.

As we sat on our thrones in the Chamber of Judgement gasps filled the air. Darius was livid. Ultor came out bellowing.

"NO!" Ultor growled.

"She will not go back to the hands of that wicked creature. She will not sacrifice herself for anyone." He roared.

I descended my throne, once again wrapping my arms around Darius. He cried openly into my arms while his body heaved.

"Ultor!" I scolded.

Ultor whimpered.

"Let Darius take over. We will help." I promised.

Darius slowly took over as his blue eyes changed from their iridescent orbs.

"Darius, it's Aubrey's choice. You don't want to take away her free will. Do you?" I questioned.

"No." He cried.

"Persephone? Darius?" Mekhal called out.

We turned to the diety who had spoken.

"I have a proposal." Mekhal cooed.

Four sets of eyes and ears waited as Mekhal began to speak.

"Punish him!" Mekhal roared.

Darius' eyes lit with devastating amusement.

I gasped as realization over came me.

Serriphina tried to stop the insanity.

"No, it's not time Mekhal." She gasped.

"Yes, it's far past time." Alejandro qualified.

"What's the stipulation?" Darius quickly asked.