Let's play Doctor

***Darius POV***

I received a call from Persephone.

"Darius, Aubrey is in labor. She's headed to the hospital." Persephone announced.

"Well, what should I do?" I questioned.

"We wanted to see if you would go to the hospital and be with her during the birth." Persephone suggested.

"Sure, I love guts and gore" I snorted.

"Just be there for her, pose as a midwife and help her." Persephone requested.

"Give me a few to round up Jackson and I will be on my way" I promised.

"Thank you sweet man" Persephone cooed.

Once I got off the phone I mind linked Jackson.

"Jackson" I called.

"What's up Commander" he asked.

I rolled my eyes at his creative terms for Alpha.

"Aubrey's in labor." I announced.

"That's great, soon she will be so happy." Jackson stated.

"Can you look after everything? I mean I know you can. But, will you please?" I asked.

"Sure thing Alpha." He promised.

Finally! Respect! I thought.

I descended to the human world and ran to the hospital. On the way, I conjured up some scrubs and an "authentic" ID badge for labor and delivery.

I snuck in the back door and acted nonchalant as I entered the Emergency Room to intercept our angel.

Aubrey smiled thru the pain as she caught a glimpse at her new midwife. I smirked.

Glad to see she still has her wits. I thought.

She's beautiful. Ultor cooed.

What the fuck? He sounds so mesmerized.

Shaking off my wolf, I hurried down the hallways to get Aubrey settled into the delivery room.

"Good evening Ms. Aubrey" I greeted her.

This is the first time I ever actually talked to the angel who held me captive for almost two decades.

"Hi" she grunted out.

"What's your name?" She asked after the contraction passed.

"Darius Knight" I exclaimed giving her a comforting smile.

"Will you be with me the whole time?" She pleaded.

"I'm right here sweetheart. Don't worry. I won't leave your side." I promised.

Aubrey started giggling.

Maybe they gave her the good stuff for pain.

"What's so funny Angel?" I inquired.

"Your last name!" She smiled.

"Oh" I said a little bewildered.

"I'm not trying to be offen-sive" she gritted out the last word as a contraction hit her hard.

"It's okay. Breathe. Squeeze my hand." I cooed as I rubbed small circles over her hand.

"This is intense" she sighed.

"I can only imagine." I concurred.

"Anyways, your last name is Knight and you're my Knight in shining armor." She stated.