A Scarred Diety

***Persephone's POV***

I was called from my castle once again. I walked the corridors to the Chambers of Judgement in silence. My pristine toule white dress flowed behind me as I glided across the light marble floors. My cape of protection billowed down my back attached to the braided straps of my empire waist gown. The gold bands that wrapped around my breast and waist shimmering with the aura of my power. Every piece of gold jewelry that laced my body possessed my essence of truth.

I entered the great room and met the faces of my supernatural panel.

Diety Serriphina - Goddess of Vampires.
Diety Alejandro - God of Mages.
Diety Katerina - Goddess of Fairies.
Diety Mekhal - God of Dragoons.

The suffocating air was saturated with so many emotions: pain, disgust, fear, rage and loathe.

The weight of the emotions immediately laid upon me. The burden bearing down on my form. My feet succumbed to the pressure and my glide became a shuffle as I struggled to bring myself in front of my peers.

As I approached the panel I noticed the Great Fountain that sat in the middle of the room glowing. I knew I would not leave this room unscathed. I stood tall before our remaining deities waiting for my assignment.

Mekhal called my attention.

"Persephone" He whispered.

"Yes, Mekhal" I responded with worry.

He rose from his throne and descended from the stairs to stand beside me. He reached for my hand and I immediately laid my own within his.

He turned and walked towards the Great Fountain as I followed behind him.

We stared at the trembling waters as the images began to form.

My body shivered with despair. Before me, the image of four whimpering children, huddled together. Four beautiful faces streaked with tears. I did not know what had happened. However, on instinct I knew I was being called to go to them.

"Goddess of the Moon -Persephone" Mekhal spoke with authority.

"You must go and tend to these young ones. The youngest girl is in grave danger. Her presence is necessary to our world." He continued.

I was not at all aware of what he spoke of. I saw four human children and was confused.

"I do not understand" I replied.

"We cannot divulge our reasoning, you must trust us. All will be revealed in due time." Mekhal instructed.

"I will go." I decided.

"Thank you!" they spoke in Unison.

I turned to walk toward the exit.

"Persephone?" Mekhal spoke softly.

"Yes, Mekhal" I said. The mask of sorrow easily shown on my face.

He walked to me and I noticed my crown in his large hands.

I kneeled before him as he slipped My Crown of Encouragement upon my head. The soft pink  roses, gold strands and baby's breathe weaved into my headpiece. He lifted my chin and laid a soft kiss upon my forehead.