Mother of the Moon

The night of her murder-

I laid upon my hotel bed, too still. Waiting for the pain to turn to sleep. The doctors provided me with a prescription for anxiety and rest. I welcomed sleep, maybe a little to much.

I had taken all of them. 90 pills, one glass of water, hopefully my death sentence. I was in no place to lead a life once mine was shattered. I was weak. I begged to succumb to the darkness. I took the pussy way out, I will admit.

I closed my eyes, asked the gods for forgiveness and anxiously waited to see my mothers face. I would meet her again, much sooner than expected. I was ready to be reunited. Less than 18 hours after her death, I was already too far gone for rationality.

Death, in a way, did greet me. However, it had different plans.

***Persephone's POV***

I was called from my castle, to stand before the council. I knew the reason. I felt the light dimming, a soul on the brink of eternal sleep. Often, I was called for this purpose.

I greeted my panel with a pained smile. I did not relish in these assignments. They meant that a chosen one had succumbed to the lure of death.

Listening to the details of the victim was always the hardest. Hearing the source of their pain, brought their feelings to my mind. I felt their anguish, I heard their thoughts, I sacrificed my peace to understand. I did not judge. Humans were not created to know sorrow.

Darius Knight-18-Senior in high school. A chosen one. His light snuffed out at the hands of an intruder. His mother ripped from his world for greed, deprivation and violence.

I do not blame him, but I will do my best to save him.

I knew my task, and I would not fail. I was to offer immortality in exchange for his service. His sacrifice would not be made in vain.

A second chance at life, not the life he once had. A different world altogether, but a life still the same. He would be rewarded greatly. I prayed he would oblige. We needed him and he needed what I had to offer.

I left the meeting hall, steadied myself for my journey. I descended the Heaven's and entered his room. I breathed a sigh of relief, I was not too late. Moments ago, he chose to exit, stage right, this cruel world.

I would entice him to stay. An offer many can't refuse. A necessary exchange, once sin coated the world like a dark lava.

I stood above the beautiful boy, my heart ached for his pain. My tears glistened upon my shimmering alabaster skin. My cascade of platinum curls fell along the curve of my shoulders, ending below my tiny waist.

I lifted my delicate hands, and intertwined my fingers into his masculine ones. I smelled the salt of his grief, dried upon his olive skin. I leaned down, my soft pink lips directly above his thick deep red ones. I breathed in deeply.

His lips parted, his chest heaved forward. His body stiffened below my vortex. The pain killers he ingested, they tasted like the poison they were. I inhaled them thru his parted lips, taking their toxins into my form.

Once his body was released of death's weapon, I opened my mouth. I blew my breath into the air behind me, and the poison expelled into dancing particles of dust. It filled the air with fluttering butterflies and they flew away into the night.

My violet eyes glanced down upon my chosen one. Sleeping, none the wiser that his life would be no more. I placed my right hand on his forehead, my left rested upon his chest directly over his heart. I leaned into him and waited. My words of enchanted prayers, bringing peace to his ruptured soul.