The Value Of Not Knowing

***Persephone's POV***

I watched from the Great Fountain of the Chamber of Judgement. I watched Darius as he sprung from his human form landing viciously on the grass outside his office in Ultor's form. I witnessed his body violently shiver while he ran.

One more day and he would stand before us. I knew he was breaking. The evidence of his inner turmoil was etched in his tired features. Yet, I knew the time for reform was not yet.

You may be asking yourself what type of angelic dieties would allow a child to be harmed. Well, while we have powers capable of changing circumstances, we also have boundaries that prevent us from interfering with fate.

The environment one dwells in has a key component in the molding of what the person will become. We are all bound by the spell of Fate. Our responsibility will always be to develop a being into becoming their given position in life.

For Aubrey, the responsibility is so much more than anyone could fathom. To whom much is given, much is expected in return. But, that will all be divulged in the future.

Aubrey Winters is enchanted. Enchanted? To be enchanted is to have been chosen to manifest the aura one possesses for a worthy cause. This is my gift to Aubrey. Her innocence and inner beauty has captured the attention of dieties. Her aura will multiply as her purpose is fulfilled throughout her existence.

Nations will fall before her. Many will beg her forgiveness. Gifts will spill at her feet. She will be given hard choices and she will make even harder decisions to benefit where she chooses.

Many centuries pass before we find a soul who is worthy of our blessing. And a four year old child had called the angels from heaven to fall before her with her cries.

Crying does not seem like strength to many. However, when you weep not for yourself but, for others. Your songs of compassion will awaken the spirits of many creatures. Aubrey was going to become something no one could imagine. This I knew for sure.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

We all gathered in the Chamber of Judgement awaiting Darius to appear. Tense air filled the room. We knew what he would request and we knew what we would deny. However, we hope to placate him in some form, ease his burden a little if possible.

Darius walked in. He looked like hell. His eyes were tired. His body seemed weakened. I felt bad for his current state. No doubt, his mind would be less than up to par.

"Welcome Darius" I stated.

"Hello Persephone" he replied.

"What brings you before us today?" Serriphina asked.

"Aubrey Winters" he stared out emotionless.

"What about her my dear" Serriphina continued.

"We keep watching and all we get are eerie feelings without concrete evidence." Darius replied dejectedly.

"Would you mind allowing us to see what's going on?" Mekhal requested.

"Yes, of course." Darius replied.

To quicken the process, Alejandro pulled his wand and pointed it at Darius head.

Alejandro drew out his memories and they floated before us in a projection so we could all watch the scenes unfold.

Darius winced while he witnessed each memory replay from his head.

Silence filled the air as we were all stunned by the evidence. It was completely circumstantial but, it wasn't hard to fill in the missing pieces.