Part 67

(Warning: mature content)

"You need to drink some more water." Varun says as he puts me down on the bed. I sit up with my back against the headboard. I let out a groan as I take of my heels slowly, making Varun chuckle.

He carried me and didn't let me walk at all. Well to be honest I couldn't walk another step in those bloody heels. So he insisted on carrying me. I've given him a hard time tonight. Though this is the first time that I drank alcohol, without actually getting that drunk.

"Here." He hands me another glass of water. I thank him silently and take small sips of water. I feel myself coming into my senses. I look at the time and it's midnight. We were at the club for around four hours. I had a lot of fun tonight. Dancing in front of the crowd so spontaneously was just like a kick of adrenalin. After the dance, Varun quickly pulled me aside to the spot under the DJ's booth, so that I don't get into the crowd again. We danced and danced. Finally, when I couldn't feel my feet, we decided it's time to go home.

"How are you feeling?" Varun asks as he sits down in front of me near my feet.

"Great, how am I not drunk?" I look at him in confusion.

"Well, now that you've drank..." He closes his eyes, probably counting in his mind, "....three bottles of water and had two cups of coffee, it dilutes the alcohol content in your body." He explains, "I don't know if that's scientifically true, but it works for me." That's why he brought me the water bottles and the coffee from the restaurant at the club.

"Wow. I didn't know that." I chuckle as take the last sip. I put the glass down on the side table.

"Thanks for tonight." I smile as I look at him, "I have to leave for work in two and a half hours and I'm already sober."

"You're welcome. That's why I didn't want you getting drunk or have a hangover at work." He shrugs and I smile sheepishly.

I feel the atmosphere in the room change as Varun scooches closer and holds my hand. He brings up the other hand to my face and puts a loose strand of hair behind my ear. He cups my face with his hand and brushes my cheek with his thumb. I look into his eyes and I know where this is going to lead.

"Varun." I try to tell him that it's not what I want right now. Harry is still on my mind and I know nothing can ever happen between us. But I still have feelings for Harry and if I kiss Varun, it's like I'm using Varun to get over Harry and that's not what I want.

Urgh! Are you even listening to yourself?! Stop confusing yourself.

"Aditi, please just let me kiss you." He pleads as he looks into my eyes.

Well, I do want to kiss him. And there's nothing wrong in wanting to. Why do I even care about Harry, when he's probably already at Kendall's place by now?

Varun notices the on going battle in my head, his face falls and he backs away. I quickly hold his hand and pull him towards me, smashing my lips against his. He kisses me back and pulls me closer by my waist. The kiss, though heated, feels soft and gentle. His lips are warm and I feel him smile.

Why am I not feeling the spark that I feel everytime Harry kisses me? Harry's one touch sends electric shots all over my body. But right now I'm not feeling a thing.

"You don't know how long I've waited for this." He whispers as he pulls away.

I smile, not knowing what to say? I should really stop comparing Varun to Harry.

Varun leans in and kisses my lips again. I close my eyes trying to savour it. He then puts his hand on my back and pulls me forward with ease, so that there is place for me to lie down on my back.