Part 37

"So? How was your date last night?" questions Aliya as we have our breakfast in the hotel's restaurant.

"It was good. Not bad. Varun is really sweet." I reply knowing that Aliya will definitely not be satisfied with my plain answer.

"It was good. That's all you gotta say? You went on a date with Varun Dhawan, one of the hottest male species alive on earth." she exaggerates as she digs into her omelette.

I chuckle at her choice of words. "Aliya like I said, it was good." I wasn't lying. It was a nice dinner. Varun took me to a nearby restaurant and we went walking. We talked a lot about our childhood and college. I came to know about his upbringing and vice-versa. After having a good dinner he dropped me back to my room and that was it.

"So guys just had dinner?" Aliya questions again.

"Yes, Aliya, just dinner."

"He didn't take you anywhere else?"

"No, he didn't."

"At least tell me that he kissed you?"

"Aliya! What's wrong with you?"

"He didn't kiss you!"

"God! Will you stop over reacting?" I roll my eyes.

"But you guys know each other for a while and I thought Varun was really interested in you."

"It was only the first date. And plus he wanted to take things slow and I agree with him. I don't want to rush into anything right now."

"But still, at least he could have..."

"Aliya, stop!" I huff in annoyance and cross my arms over my chest. "Can you stop getting so personal, please?" I glare at her.

She doesn't say anything; instead she sips on her hot coffee. I roll my eyes at her and take the last bite of my toast. Just then, my phone starts ringing. I see the name on the caller ID, Emma.

Emma?

Emma Watson!

I quickly slide the green icon and put the phone to my ears.

"Hey Aditi! How have you been?" Emma speaks joyfully.

"I'm great Emma! You tell me? How's everything with you?"

"Everything is fine. How are the shows going?" she asks.

"They're going great, just two more shows to go." I pout sadly thinking about going back to India.

"Aww, you're definitely gonna miss all this aren't you?"

"Definitely." I stand up and look at Aliya who is busily typing away on her phone. I touch her shoulders and she looks up, "I'm in the room." I mouth the words and she nods her head. I walk out of the restaurant and towards the elevator.

"You know what they say; it's the journey that matters, not the destination." Emma says.

"Yes, it's true." I sigh. All of a sudden, sadness fills my heart. Two months have already passed by so fast. Only a month more and then we go back home.

And then what?

"Girl! That's why I called you!" Emma says cheerfully.

"Umm, what?" What is she talking about? I am at the elevator, pressing the up button.

"Listen, there's a fashion show this evening and I have been invited. I am allowed to bring one more person, so I thought why not you? Since you know, you're here and I don't know when will we be meeting next time?" she says. And I freak out. Did she just ask me to join her for a freaking fashion show!? I mean forget the fashion show! She actually thought about me! This is not normal!