Part 3

As soon as we left the building, I first call Dad and tell him about how amazing the auditions were and that we got selected. He was immensely proud. I also told him that we would have to come back in tomorrow as Karan wanted to discuss the contracts, agreements and other things in an official meeting.

In the parking lot, just outside the office, we all decided that we would celebrate this achievement tonight. We'll be meeting up at a club called 'WTF'. So currently, I'm in my room, deciding on what to wear for tonight.

There's a knock on the door and Aliya enters.

"I didn't even say come in." I roll my eyes at her.

"Well, I did knock." she shrugs and sits down on my bed.

"Then what's the point of knocking?" I shake my head at my sister who doesn't understand the concept of knocking or privacy.

"I wanted to talk to you." says Aliya after a minute or two with seriousness clear in her voice.

"Sure, what is it?" I ask her as I sit down on the edge of the bed facing her.

"Why...." She pauses, as if trying to put her thoughts into words, "Why are you so hyped up about this?" she asks.

"Of course I'm hyped up! We just nailed the auditions! Isn't it something we should be celebrating?" I ask as I tilt my head to the side.

"No. I meant, why were you so keen for the auditions?" she shakes her head.

"Umm, aren't you keen?" I ask her feeling a little confused.

"I am, but you are over excited." she states and I stand up looking at her as if she's grown two heads.

"What do you mean by over excited? Wouldn't you be over excited if you got a chance to go on a tour around U.S. with all your best friends and do something we all like?" I ask her, my voice getting a little higher.

"I would be, but I'm sensing something else." she bites her lips, "This audition, the dream team, the tour that too in U.S. is all a cover up." she says slowly.

"A cover up?" I scoff.

Aliya nods her head, "I know you better, Aditi. I know the whole reason behind this is to find out more about our mother. I know how much you hate mom for leaving us. But she has moved on and so have we." She sighs and continues, "Don't go running behind the past that has left us. Look where we are now. Aren't you happy?" Aliya stands up, only to sit down next to me.

"Look, I'm not saying that I'm not happy with this amazing opportunity but it's a little odd that you literally emotionally blackmailed us to do the auditions." she puts her hands on my shoulder and looks at me with an understanding look.

I take a deep breath in as my mind wonders over our dear mom, Angelina Marcus Sharma, had left us when I was just eight years old. In fact, we were all born there. We lived in States for many years while we were still a happy family. But one fine morning, our dear mommy left us, with just a small note left on the dining table for our dad to read. This scarred us. Dad never told us what was written in the note. Only told us that she is happy with whoever she is with. We tried a lot to get Dad to talk about it, to tell us more, but he would just change topic and ignore it altogether. All I remember is us being a happy family. But I want to know what was it that made her leave so suddenly? What was it that made her leave her kids behind? Did she not love us? All this questions were a constant in my mind and I needed answers.

"Aditi?" Aliya snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Aliya, I am happy and grateful, I truly am." I let out a sigh, "When I found out about the auditions, a chance to go to U.S., I thought why not? I mean it was mostly for the reason I told you. Like this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I wanted us to have it. But at the same time, there was this constant nagging in the back of mind, that this is my chance to find out more about mom. I mean I know it's stupid, we probably won't even get time to breathe. But it was just a thought." I say, feeling as if I just poured my heart out.

Aliya nods her head in understanding, "I believe you. But I think Dad has a hint of what you are up to. But, please don't drag me into this mess. I like it the way things are. Once, we're there, your own your own. I've moved on and am happy." she says with a smile and gives my shoulder a squeeze.

"You should move on too." she stands up and with a small smile, "Anywhoo! We need to get dressed up. Two more hours and they'll be banging on our door!" she shakes her head while laughing and walks out the door.

Hey peeps!

Keep voting!

All the love,
Yxx.