Part 15

The alarm beeps loudly and I groan. I turn to my side and hit the stop button. I lie face down on the mattress, thinking hard on whether I should go back to sleep or wake up.

I groan again as I push myself off the mattress and sit down criss-cross for another few minutes or so. I run my fingers through my tangled hair and yawn. I grab my mobile off the side table and go through the new messages. My heart skips a beat as I see a message from Salman.

Salman: missing you loads! Can't wait to see you tomorrow.

Me: Can't wait to see you too baby!

I reply with a smile. After scrolling through the social media accounts I toss my mobile on the bed and head to the bathroom for a shower. A nice warm bath is what everyone needs to just start off a day. Now that I feel like I'm away and no longer sleepy or lazy, I head towards Aliya's bedroom.

"Are you up?" I ask loudly as I enter her room.

"Yup, changing." I hear her voice coming from the bathroom.

I sit down on the edge of the bed. Her suitcase is on the bed, with all her clothes scattered around. My eyes then land on a white T-shirt.

"Urgh." It's a One Direction t-shirt. My mind wonders back to the concert tickets kept safely in my purse. Tomorrow is Aliya's birthday and I'll have to go to the stupid concert with her. But who will I take with the extra ticket?

"Who should I ask?" I mutter to myself. Aditya won't come, Ayaan of course wouldn't come. Salman maybe, that way I won't get bored!

"Who should you ask what?" I hear Aliya's voice.

I jump and turn my head so fast in panic that I hear a loud cracking sound.

"Shit!" I curse through gritted teeth and clamp my hands to my neck.

"Are you okay?!" Aliya rushes towards me, "What was that?" she asks as she examines my neck.

"It's fine. It's fine." I mumble, "I just got a little to jumpy." I massage my neck, soothing the pain.

"Nothing new in that. You're always jumpy." Aliya says and I ignore.

"But what made you jumpy? And what were you talking about?" she presses.

Damn!

What should I tell her?!

I obviously cannot tell her the truth.

"I....I...was thinking....um.. about leaving today. Dad is gonna be so upset...isn't he?" I lie. And know I horribly failed because Aliya is looking at me with her eyes narrowed.

"Hmm....okay....." she trails off, looking at me very suspiciously.

"Let's go down for breakfast." I change the topic quickly and she nods her head.

That was a close one. I have never been good at keeping secrets. Damn you Aditya!

After a good heavy breakfast, we go back to our room and were helping each other pack our bags.

"What time is the flight?" asks Pop, who looks very glum at the moment.

"It's at four in the afternoon." replies Aliya busily.

"So we will have to leave by one." adds Aditya who is packing in his socks.

"It's already noon, we start dressing up and have a quick lunch." I say and everyone nods.

Exactly after an hour, that is at one, we are out by the taxi, putting in our suitcases in the trunk.

"Take care of yourselves, keep calling and please take care yourselves. I'll try visiting whenever I can." Pops says and I can hear the sadness in his voice.

"Pops, please, we aren't going away forever." Ayaan rolls his eyes.

"I know. I know. My kids are all grown up. I feel so proud." Pops says dramatically.

"It's all because of you Pops. We're here because of you and your blessings. We love you." I tell him with a smile and kiss his cheeks.

"Love you! Take care Dad!" Aliya says as she comes next and gives him a hug.

"I'll call when we reach." Aditya says as he comes after Aliya and gives Pop's shoulder a tight squeeze.

We all get into the back of the taxi and were off.

"Finally!" Aliya says with a grin.

Finally a new beginning.