Part 86

"Mum? What are you doing here?"

"I had to come here. It's all over the news! I had to come for Frederick and Maria."

My ears pick up Fredrick and Maria's name. And someone seems to be crying. I hear a familiar continuous beeping sound, like the ones you hear at a hospital.

Am I in a hospital?

But why?

Wasn't I on my way to Harry's house after the audition? We were supposed to celebrate.

My mind racing through what actually happened. And in that second, John's face pops up.

My eyes fly open and I jolt up. I look around, my heart starts beating hard. My minds replays the whole incident like a movie.

What happened after he injected that thing in me? Did he....?

I can't remember anything!

Tears start leaking down my face and a sob escapes my lips.

Why does this keep happening to me? What have I ever done to them?

My mind then thinks back to Maria and Rose.

Are they okay? Did he leave them alone as he promised?

More tears come down my face.

I start looking around. Just like every other hospital room, this one is cold too. Same white washed walls and white tiles. But there is a window and it's dark outside, like how it is in the middle of the night. I look at my hands and see IV needle pushed into my vein. Three ecg electrode stuck on my chest which are connected to the heart monitor which mimics my rapid heartbeats.

"Aditi!"

I look up and see Harry and Anne standing at the doorway.

"Mum, call Dr. Kelly." he instructs. Anne, nods her head and walks away. Harry takes long strides and comes into the room.

"Oh! Baby! Thank God!" he sits on the side of the bed and pulls me into a hug. His body shaking as he cries.

He pulls away, only to kiss my forehead.

"I was so scared." he whispers as he holds both my hands into his cold ones and kisses the back of it.

"Harry...." my voice croaks. My throat feels dry. I look at him, exhaustion clear on his face. Dark circles under his sulken green eyes, stress lines on his forehead and the side of his tired eyes.

"Yes, baby... Is something hurting?" he panics, his eyes scanning my face.

I shake my head and swallow hard, "M-Maria and R-Rose?" I ask, hoping he'll understand what I'm trying to say.

His face falls. His eyes looking at me sadly.

"Baby.... I think you should lie down." he puts his hands on my shoulders and gently pushes me back on the bed.

"No." I croak, holding his hands weakly, trying to make him stop.

"T-tell me." my stomach tightens, something is wrong. That's why he isn't telling me.

"Ah, Aditi." my head turns to the new voice. A female doctor, presumably Dr. Kelly, enters the hospital room. She looks like she's in her late forties, with greying brown hair. Anne follows the doctor closely behind and gives me a small, sympathetic smile. Her eyes teary and her cheeks wet.

"How are you feeling?" The doctor asks and I shake my head.

"Maria and Rose? W-what happened?" I ask again, this time a little sternly as my throat finds my voice.