Part 56

Aditi's POV

Varun: Don't worry...you'll do great!❤

Me: Thanks ....I wish you were here rn

Varun: I wish too but my shootings aren't getting over anytime soon.

Me: 😭

Varun and I have gotten really close in the past two weeks. Maybe a little more closer than close. After the argument with Harry, I went straight to Varun's room. He didn't give me the 'I told you so' speech and I was glad he didn't. The everyday 'Good Morning' and 'Good night' messages have certainly brought us closer since then. We flirt shamelessly, teasing and pulling each other's leg.

Infact a lot has happened in the past two weeks. Dad, Aditya and Ayaan left to India, while Aliya and I stayed back and took a flight to L.A. We didn't rent an apartment, but are instead living in a hotel. We didn't know how long are we gonna be here to be honest. With the Dazzling broken up,  I don't wanna go back to India, cause there is nothing for me to do there. I want to explore new things and discover myself and that isn't happening in India, where I'll be sitting at home and doing my university work. Dad was really supportive of my decision but Aditya wasn't. Aditya was mostly concerned about my safety, but Dad said that I shouldn't be living in fear and that it shouldn't stop me from doing what I want. And he is right. Of course Aditya was pissed and gave me the silent treatment, but just before he left, he kissed my forehead and told me to take care of myself.

Mr. Fernandez wasn't agreeing on me going to L.A. either. According to him, Tom would follow me wherever I went. But he still hasn't even been able to track him down. Mr. Fernandez said that he isn't an expert, but he's definitely getting help from someone who is close to me. I didn't believe him, I don't think anyone would ever do that to me. I have full trust in the people I love.

The day Aditya, Ayaan and Dad left was an emotional day, it was the first time that I'd be living by myself. Well, I know Aliya is here with me, but it's a huge step for the both of us. It feels like I've finally grown up and am able to take care of myself. I can now call myself an adult. And it's scary but exciting at the same time.

Later the same day, Aliya and I flew to Los Angeles where we met Emma, who took us to the studio directly. There I met Charlie and boy was he glad to see me. We went to his office and Charlie gave me a years contract. I was hell nervous, over-thinking as usual. But something in me wanted this. An opportunity, a new beginning is what I wanted.

"Aditi...we're ready for you."

Tia, the studio manager calls out as she stands at the door frame, looking at me.

"Yeah, I'm done." I stand up from the revolving chair and take a last look at my dress and make-up in the mirror. I'm dressed in a beige, buttoned down, trench coat with a white turtle neck top beneath and no pants whatsoever. My hair looks voluminous and shiny.

"Uh, you're not done." Gail, our make-up artist, looks at me with her eyebrow raised, places her hands on my shoulders and pushes me back down on the chair.

Gail McKay, a woman maybe in her late thirties

"I thought we were done?" I look at her face from the mirror.

"Sweetie, you're going to be on the front page of a fashion magazine. You need more make-up." She grabs a thick brush from the table, takes a little pink blush and starts brushing it on my cheek. Didn't she do that already?

"You've already applied the blush." I tell her and she rolls her eyes.

"I'm blending the colours." She says in an irritated tone.