"Have you earned it?" I asked.

"Come on – I had every right to get mad. I am still mad," he said sternly.

"That is your right," I said, turning to look at him. "But it is also my right to be mad at you for not trusting me."

"You let a criminal into our home, and now said criminal has seduced our boy. Jordan isn't capable of making such decisions! Blake is just using–"

"Don't you dare finish that," I said angrily. "You don't even know your son anymore! And Blake has dedicated his entire life to making Jordan's life better! He loves Jordan and would never hurt him!"

"How would you know that?" he asked, staying calmer than I was.

"No. The only thing that you can't stand is the fact that your son is in a gay relationship," I said. "Your son is gay, and there is nothing you can do about it, so you better stop blaming Blake and accept the fact that the only thing wrong in this house is your homophobia."

Then I stormed out of the room without giving him a second look. I marched straight to the third floor even though I was still too early, but I figured it didn't matter since Jordan's door was closed. I hated the fact that he had kept it closed ever since Blake's secret came out. I couldn't sneak up the stairs to look at him anymore...

I waited patiently for Jordan to open the door, and when he did, I broke into a smile. "Hi, honey!"

"Hey, Mom," Jordan smiled as well, and retreated from the door.

"How was your day?" I asked, stepping to the door.

"It was good," he replied, gesturing me to come in.

It was so normal nowadays for me to be in his room, and talk with him about the day, that sometimes I almost forgot that it wasn't that long ago when he was barely able to talk with me on Skype. And better yet, he had turned into a lively, bright-eyed man who smiled often and talked with excitement in his voice. Sometimes I forgot to listen to what he had to say when I watched him.

My baby boy... He had grown so much ever since Blake came into the picture... And my husband couldn't see that. That was what made me mad. His own prejudices and archaic values blinded him, making him not see the beauty of the love these two young men had for each other.

"I have another clock for you," Jordan said at some point, and picked it up from the table. He stopped to look at it for a moment, and I was sure he was having a hard time giving it away, but I trusted he made the right decision. Then, he took a deep breath and walked to me.

He stopped only a foot away from me... I could've reached out and touched him, but I would never do that without his permission. Besides, this was more than what I could've asked. To be right next to him.

"Here," he said, holding the clock in his palm.

"It's the third one," I smiled at him, taking it carefully.

"There's still plenty left," he sighed.

"Small steps," I reminded him.

He didn't reply to me. He was staring at the clock I was holding, and at first, I thought he was starting to regret giving it to me, but turned out that he had something completely else on his mind.

"Could you... hold still?" he asked slowly.

"Of course," I breathed out, knowing he was about to do something different.

He took a moment before he lifted his hand, carefully brought it close to mine, and then... he touched my hand. I tried my best not to burst into tears and start screaming from joy when his cold fingers brushed past mine. I forced myself to stay absolutely still. I wasn't even breathing.