"We seem to be good at it, yes," I laughed, and wiped my face dry. "You should open your presents," I added.

"Open mine first," Mom said, and pushed the big packet closer to Blake. I stepped closer to the door when Blake leaned to grab it, kneeling next to it.

"You really shouldn't spoil me like this..." he muttered while taking the bow off.

"Just open it," Mom chuckled, and he did what was told.

Blake peeled the wrappings off, revealing a big, white box inside. He peered at us both before he opened the lid. "Damn... You really went overboard..." he whistled.

I stepped closer to see what was inside, even though Mom had already told me what she had gotten for Blake.

There was a big, light-gray bathrobe and matching pair of slippers on top of it, and once Blake took them out, I saw two books – both were about famous criminals who ended up using their abilities for good, of course – a few pairs of warm socks, a wallet and another two presents at the bottom.

"A wallet?" Blake chuckled, and picked it up, sitting down on the floor.

"So you don't have to steal wallets from other people anymore," Mom said. "Now you got your own!"

Blake laughed for a long time, staring at the wallet. He looked really happy, making my heart flutter inside my chest.

"What's in this"? Blake asked after a moment, and picked up the bigger one of the two remaining presents.

"Open it," Mom said encouragingly.

Blake opened the wrappers and started laughing again. It was a toy truck. "Should I even ask?" he chuckled.

Mom kneeled down on the floor as well, and she looked at me carefully, before she spoke, "We weren't sure if you ever had toys while you grew up."

Blake stared at the box in his hands, but suddenly he shook his head. "Didn't I just tell you to stop making me cry?" he laughed, but his voice was trembling. "Thanks, guys..."

I went to sit behind him and wrapped my arms around his shoulders. "We can't give you your childhood back, but we can give you a home. We can be your family if you want us."

Blake nodded, and turned around, burying his head in my shoulder. I never thought of him as a broken man, but he wasn't whole either.

"Open the last one," Mom spoke gently, and Blake turned to peer at her. She was holding the last gift she had gotten for him, and he took it. He opened it carefully, while I held him tightly.

"What's this?" he whispered, when he opened a small, white box that contained a key.

"Since you're staying with us, you need your own key to the house," Mom said, smiling through her own tears.

I guess it was too much for him. Blake hid his face behind his hands, and he couldn't even say a word in a long, long time. I was running out of time, but I couldn't let go of him. How could I let go of him when he clearly needed comfort and support? It was not like him to cry so much... It hurt my heart to know why he was crying. He never had a family. No one to buy him toys. He had never held a key to his own home because he never had one. He never even owned a bathrobe...

"I love you, Blake," I whispered in his ear, and he hugged me with one arm, trying to recollect himself. "You deserve the world..."

He took a couple of deep breaths. And then a few more before he finally calmed down. He held the toy and the key in his lap, looking at them.

"Thank you," he sniffed hard and let out a chuckle. "This is so great... Thank you," he spoke, looking at us both.

"You're welcome," I said, and kissed his wet cheek.