34. Nervously Waiting

Start from the beginning

"That's good," I smiled at him. "I believe that it will go great, but if you need more time to get used to the idea–"

"No," Jordan said sternly. "I'm ready. I want to see her. At least a short glimpse."

"That's the spirit," I said and patted his shoulder.

Jordan returned my smile and placed his own hand over mine. "Thank you," he breathed out.

"Anything for you, baby," I replied and kissed his cheek. "I'm always here for you."

"Thank you," he repeated, and blushed lightly, before he added, "babe."

I wanted to hug him really tight for calling me that. It was the first time he used a cute nickname with me. I didn't hug him of course, because I was worried he was already trying too hard, and even the slightest change could knock him off balance. He was really anxious about meeting his mother, so I had to be careful not to push him in any way.

"I should continue with this," Jordan said and turned to look at his book.

"What is that?" I asked and glanced over his notebooks, paper-piles and the thickest and biggest book I had ever seen.

"This? It's uh... a bit of light reading," he smirked and turned to look at me.

"Light?" I asked and turned the book to read the cover. "P-phil-hilopsh..."

"Philosophy, and it was a joke," he chuckled.

"What was a joke?" I asked in confusion.

"Light reading!" he said. "Honestly – don't you read?"

"I do, yes, but I gave you the only book I had," I reminded him. "And I never owned a library card."

"Well then. I'll give you something to read," he said and stood up. "Do you like magic?"

"Magic?" I repeated and watched Jordan as he walked to his bookshelf.

"Fantasy," he explained and grabbed one of the books. "I bet you'll love this – it's brilliant," he continued and brought the book to me.

"Oh, okay. I should give it a try then?"

"Definitely! I have the entire series!" Jordan said brightly. "You need something to do if you're going to hang out here in my place."

"True," I said and turned the book around to see the description. "Wizards?"

"Magic," Jordan said and tapped the cover. "This book is pure magic."

"And something about stones?" I continued after reading the title. "That sounds boring."

"Trust me – it's not," Jordan smirked. "And maybe, since you'll be staying here now, and my schedule at seven is now free, we could start watching this really great TV show every evening?"

"So I'm staying here now?" I cooed. "I do love the sound of that."

"Can we?" Jordan pleaded. "I haven't had any time to watch TV."

I could tell that he was really excited about it, so I nodded. "Anything you want, love. Anything you want."

"Yay!" Jordan cheered with a cute, tiny voice and hugged me.

This was the part of Jordan I had never seen before. I loved it. I really, truly loved to see him so cheerful and enthusiastic. I believed that without his phobias, OCD and self-hate, this was the person who he was supposed to be. He was being young, playful and relaxed, and I was falling in love with him all over again.

"I should get back to studying," he said and let go of me.

"And I'll start reading about stones," I said.