34. Nervously Waiting

Start from the beginning

"Damn, you're good," I muttered and blushed harder.

"Why are you being so shy?" Blake asked quietly.

"I'm not being shy..." I said. "The clock is ticking..."

Blake looked like he wanted to let out a sigh, but he didn't. Instead, he carefully leaned closer, like asking for my permission. I moved my head back in anticipation, giving him the permission he wanted, and he pressed his lips slowly on mine.

I had already grown to like kissing. It felt so amazing and exhilarating to have his lips on mine; to feel his breath on my face and feel his warmth all over me. I had been so scared of being touched, that I had never even imagined that I could enjoy it so much.

"Do you want me to stay here?" Blake asked when he parted our lips.

"Yeah," I breathed faintly, with a smile on my face. "I'd like that."

"Then I'll stay," he promised.

-Blake-

-Blake-

I could tell that Jordan was anxious about meeting his mother face-to-face for the first time in... how many years? It hurt me to even try to guess how long it had been. Jordan kept looking at the clock more often than usual, and as the hours passed, he started to get really nervous.

"Baby – stop that," I said for the thousandth time when I caught him gnawing on his nails.

"I'm too nervous," he sighed and pushed away the book he was trying to read.

"There's nothing to be worried about," I said calmly.

"But there is!" he said almost angrily. "What if I snap and scare her away?"

"You know your mother – she can't be scared that easily," I said soothingly. "I know this is scary to you, but you know I'm right."

"Maybe I'm not ready after all..."

"You still have time to decide. If you feel like it's too soon, your mom will understand," I said and stood up from the couch I was sitting on and walked over to him. "You don't have to do it if you have any doubts."

"But I really want to see her," he said quietly. "And she's going to be so disappointed if I don't let her come."

"You have to do what's best for you," I said and placed my hand gently on his shoulder. "Your mom agrees with me. I think you're just nervous, that's all."

Jordan was quiet for a moment before he nodded lightly. "I guess you're right."

"Have you talked with her on Skype?"

"I have," he nodded. "At least once a week."

"And it's going well?"

"Yeah – It's better with her than my shrink, and I see him every day," Jordan told me.