Mon 20th Part 8 - Jerome's Home

I do not own Devil May Cry and Persona, only the OCs that will appear in this story and the concept were inspired by 'Lesson Time: Never follow your teacher home' in 'Vergil's one-shots' by ZerlinaQuinn. So, I hope this turns out okay... now enjoy my guild.

The trio got out of the portal as Vergil carries Jerome. He looks around and asks, "Where's your home?"

"... It's... just walk and I'll tell which way..." Jerome replied.

"Fine," Vergil replied back.

"So, after this, we get food, right?" Bucky asked him.

"Now you're acting like a child!" Vergil told him off.

"Sorry that I'm hungry as balls!" Bucky complained sarcastically.

"Sorry that I have to call out on your gluttonous stupidity!" Vergil replied, "Now let's just go!"

"Ugh... fine..."

(Later)

The trio arrives at Jerome's doorstep, where Bucky is on Vergil's shoulder while he's carrying Jerome with ease, much to the brunette's embarrassment.
"The keys... is in... my pocket..." Jerome told Vergil.

Vergil easily found his keys and unlocks the door... where Bucky's ears suddenly goes high and yells, "Wait! There's-!"

Suddenly, Vergil stomps on a glass bottle, crushing into tiny shards. He looks around, noticing a few alcohol bottles on the floor. He raises his eyebrow and looks at Jerome.

> So that's why you're such an idiot...
> Jerome... explain this!

"Jerome... explain this!" Vergil told him off.
"..." Jerome grunted and stubbornly shrugs off his question. "... I know you're judging me..."

"Of course I am!" Vergil replied, "I mean, your room is a mess! Though, it's better then my brother's, I will admit, but still!"

"..."

Vergil just rolls his eyes as he just picks him off in a bridal style and throws him to the couch. Jerome groans while Vergil glares at him sternly with his arms cross, and Bucky rushes to the kitchen; looking for some food.
"So, now explain why you're drinking yourself to death?!" Vergil asked him harshly.

"... I... I have alcohol problems... for awhile now..." Jerome admitted, "... I... it got worse when you told me I'm just a tool... it made me think... 'nobody cares about me...', so... I start drinking heavily then before... which fucked up my anger issues even more..."

"So that's why you stupidly attack me in public..." Vergil realised.

Jerome nods as he sits up on the couch and says, "I... all I wanted... is just... just... to be honest, I don't even know myself anymore... I feel like I'm in my dad's body instead of my own..."

"... You..." Vergil taken a deep breath and his eyes soften a bit as he sits next to him, "... Can not let the past control you... I... after my parents' death... I... I let my past haunt me and made me take the wrong path in life..."

"What... What changed...?" Jerome asked him.

"... Dante saved my life..." Vergil told him, "Don't tell him this, but... deep down, I'm grateful for saving me... to be honest, I thought I was going to die, but he managed to smack some sense into me. Thinking back, I'm glad I didn't go to that dark place,"

"... Wow... I..." Jerome muttered. "I... I wish there was someone who can save me..."

Vergil shakes his head and says, "While he saved me, he didn't save my internal struggle with coming to terms of our parents' deaths... I had to gain my own strength to finally come to terms with it. He knew what I'm capable of... so I end up feeling like I become stronger then I was before..."

"... But... I don't have that strength..." Jerome muttered.

"Everybody does," Vergil said as he gets up, "They just think they don't have that strength. Lady didn't believe that after the death of her father, but... look at her now."

"..." Jerome smirked and shakes his head, "Normally, I'll be the one cheering you up... not the other way around,"

Vergil smirks and chuckles, "Yes... I suppose you're right... back when life was... more simple..."

"Yeah... I... I..."

"You're not alone in this, Jerome," Vergil told him, "I'm involved in this mess just as much as you are,"

"Hey guys!" Bucky shouted as he comes back with a bunch of lettuces on his paws. "Want some snacks?"

"... Hehe," Jerome chuckled, "Sure man... I'm pretty hungry... you want something?"

"... Just anything meaty is fine..." Vergil told him.

"Got it!" Jerome replied. "Let's order some pizza!"

"Hell yeah!" Bucky cheered.

While Jerome and Bucky are cheering as they start ordering the pizza over Jerome's phone. Vergil looks up and thought, "I wonder... why... why me? Why was I chosen in this mess? I mean... I'm never been good with people, so why me...? I have to ask Igor when I get the chance..."

A/N - Happy News Years everyone! I hope you guys enjoyed it and if you did, leave a comment and have a good day, my guild. Aqua out!

Ps - For the people going to say Vergil is OOC, keep in mind it's been four years since DMC3, so naturally he's not going to be the same person as he was today. I mean, I drastically changed from four years ago. So, I'm sure he ended up starting to care a bit about his brother (I mean, if he doesn't, he could have just left and not help Dante with the debt problem).