Mon 13th part 2 - A shortcut

I do not own Devil May Cry and Persona, only the OCs that will appear in this story and the concept were inspired by 'Lesson Time: Never follow your teacher home' in 'Vergil's one-shots' by ZerlinaQuinn. So, I hope this turns out okay...now enjoy, my ninja clan.

"Holy shit! It's been, like, I don't know, twenty years since I last saw you!" Jerome blurted out with excitement.
"Actually, it's been sixteen years since we last saw each other," Vergil corrected him in a composed and deadpan manner.
"Yeah, well, whatever," Jerome shrugged off, "Anyways, what are you doing here?"
"Why, I'm going to Greenville high, of course," Vergil responded to him, catching the brunette off guard, "Is something the matter?"
"No, it's just that... I'm just shocked, that's all," Jerome answered, "That we're going to be working in the same place!"
"Yes, I am aware of that," The white-haired man responded back, which again surprises him.
"You already knew?"
"Yes, Miss Barnett mentioned you during my interview," Vergil told him, making him create an 'O' expression.
"Oh, that makes sense!" Jerome said with his eyes closed, a goofy grin and rubbing the back of his head nervously while chuckling, making Vergil rolls his eyes, "Anyways, we should get going, I don't want you to be late for your first day. Don't worry, I know a shortcut."

Vergil's eyes widen a bit in shock but still manages to keep a nearly composed face, which Jerome caught on, making him snickered.
"Huh? What's so amusing?" Vergil asked coldly.
"Oh nothing, it's just your reaction," Jerome chuckled cheerfully, making Vergil giving him a scary glare, which clearly caught him off guard, "D-don't scare me like that! Since when you were THIS scary?!"
"..." Vergil kept his mouth shut, ("Oh trust me, a lot of things happened during the time we were separated and I wish not to talk about it.")
"Okay, you do glare a lot when we were kids, but you do that silly pout face when you do and it's really dorky and adora-"

> Silence!
> About that shortcut...?
> I do NOT wish to hear about it, thank you very much!

"I do NOT wish to hear about it, thank you very much!" Vergil cut him off.
"Oh alright, I'll shut up," Jerome sighed, "Now come on, let's take the shortcut now or else we gonna get the lecture of our lives by our boss."
"...Very well then, take the lead," Vergil responded as he puts the suitcase above his head and follows Jerome to the shortcut, which happened to be an alleyway, making him a bit paranoid, "Umm... are you sure this is a good idea?" ("Honestly, I'm more concerned about his safety than my own since I can more than take care of myself.")
"Of course man!" Jerome responded with absolute confidence, "I used this route a lot, so there's no prob-"

Before Jerome could even finish his sentence, something suddenly fell onto his head.
"OW!" Jerome yelped as he rubs his sore head as that 'something', which happened to be a somewhat light-looking book, fell to the ground, which captured Vergil's curiosity.
"...What's this?" Vergil muttered as he kneels down, grabs the book and stands up, looking at the cover saying 'The Shadow Hell'.
"Alright!" Jerome yelled at the sky angrily, "Who the hell throw something at me!?"
"Silence Jerome!" Vergil told him off, and then he looks back at the mysterious book, "We need to figure out what this book-"
"Ooooh! Can I see!?" Jerome asked energetically as he snitches the book before Vergil could even respond, "Let's see...it says 'Cara Stevenson goes to the Shadow hell'...wha-"

He was interrupted as a dark purple portal appeared beneath the two, causing the two to fall into the portal while Jerome starts screaming like a little girl while Vergil struggles to keep his composure due to how unexpected it was...not knowing what the portal is leading them to...

A/N - Another cliffhanger once again and, now that I have a new schedule now, I will update this every Wednesdays. I will admit, originally I was going to have Jerome be bitter enemies with Vergil at first, but scrapped it because I highly doubt Vergil would want to work with someone he hates and the only way I can see Vergil being 'best friends' with someone is a childhood friend he once knew before that incident, making Jerome a bit different from Junpei (P3), Yosuke (P4) and Ryuji (P5). So I hope to see you guys next Wednesday, see your comments and have an awesome day, my ninja clan. Kuno out!