Mon 13th Part 8 - Explanation

I do not own Devil May Cry and Persona, only the OCs that will appear in this story and the concept were inspired by 'Lesson Time: Never follow your teacher home' in 'Vergil's one-shots' by ZerlinaQuinn. So, I hope this turns out okay...now enjoy, my ninja clan.

The trio runs up to the entrance but stops when they notice twenty guards are there.
"Shit!" Jerome swore.
"Quick! This way!" Bucky called out as he runs to the left, with the two childhood friends follow him after and enters a small room.

Bucky and Jerome are panting heavily while Vergil looks around as he notices a hole.
("I'm surprised they didn't cover up that hole...what idiots...") Vergil thought, and then turns to the bunny, "Okay, talk...now!"

"Oh...just...give...me... a moment..." Bucky told him while panting heavily, then relaxes, "Alright...I'll tell you everything... you guys are basically in a labyrinth and this world is called 'Shadow Hell'"
"Shadow...hell?" Vergil said which Bucky nodded.
"That's right" Bucky confirmed, "Shadow hell is an alternative universe where people's shadows lived in the labyrinths and they represent feelings and a side everybody wants to keep a secret from others,"
"...I...I see...then that shadow...the queen..."
"Yep, she presents her clear mental problems and those scars are most likely there in real life," Bucky told him.

Jerome's eyes widen in horror and walk back until his back placed on a wall.
"Are...are you serious...?"
"Yep...and you were part of that reason!" Bucky accused him as he points at him and walks towards him, "I saw copies of you along with a lot of copies of different people, that means you are one of the many people responsible for this!"
"I... I..."
"Copies?"

"...Labyrinths are created by a core, which is created by so much pain and suffering that...once it stays around too long, it causes them to act like vengeful zombies with yellow eyes and kill anybody who wronged them," Bucky explains to him, "Copies are basically like mirrors of the people who abused them and make them suffer... and you're one of them..."
"I'm... wait... that would mean..." Jerome realised what he's trying to say, "She's gonna kill me?!"
"If the time is up, then yes, she will!" Bucky answered him, "And there's a lot of different people, meaning she will go on a massive killing spree if we don't destroy the core!"
"Why destroy the core?" Vergil asked him, "Can't he just apologise?"

Bucky suddenly laughs and then just stops with a serious look, "Nope! The core is not only their embodiment of their pain but also their grudges, meaning no matter how sorry he is, she will refuse to forgive him no matter what until that core is destroyed!"
"... it's... it's all my fault..." Jerome muttered as he collapsed to his knees, "I... I..."

"... It isn't like you to hurt others, so... why?" Vergil asked him, who looks away in shame.
"... I... ever since you left... my half sister and I keep on getting into very aggressive arguments that lead to fights..." Jerome explained to him, "This gives me a nasty temper where I will explode at anything... especially Cara... I... I often hit her and yell at her for no reason... I... I didn't mean to do it... but... I have no control over myself when I'm angry... I..."

Jerome completely breaks down in tears while Vergil and Bucky have nothing to say.

Later, Jerome collapsed as he cries so much that his face and sclera turns red, then he fainted.
"Hey!" Bucky panicked.
"Don't worry, this happens," Vergil told him in a very calm manner as he walks up to his co-worker and carries him over his shoulder.
"I'll explain more in details later once we get him healed up!" Bucky told him, who nodded in agreement, "Good, let's go!"

Bucky runs up into the hole and fits through it.
"Quick! Give me... umm..."
"Jerome," Vergil told him.
"Jerome over here!"

Vergil did just that as he hands Jerome to Bucky, who, with every bit of his strength, gently put Jerome on the ground while Vergil gets through the hall as well.
"Alright, follow me and we'll get out of here!" Bucky told him.

Vergil nods as he carries Jerome again and Bucky runs off again, which Vergil follows him.

A/N - I hope you guys enjoyed this part and if you did, leave a comment and have a nice day, my ninja clan. See you next Wednesday. Kuno out!