Mon 13th part 14 - Cafeteria

I do not own Devil May Cry and Persona, only the OCs that will appear in this story and the concept were inspired by 'Lesson Time: Never follow your teacher home' in 'Vergil's one-shots' by ZerlinaQuinn. So, I hope this turns out okay...now enjoy, my ninja clan.

The two teachers (and rabbit) make their way to the cafeteria, where they are plenty of tables, students and teachers out there... as well as very long lines.
"... You must be joking..." Vergil asked as his eye twitches a bit.
"Yea... this happens a lot, even worse in Fridays," Jerome told him.
"Note to self: Bring your own lunch tomorrow," Vergil thought.
"You don't have your own lunch?" Jerome asked.
"... Of course I do!" Vergil lied.
"... Liar!" Jerome called him out, "You know, I can let you borrow my lunch if you want! You know I have a pretty big appetite, not as big as you and Dante, but still."

> Borrow Jerome's lunch
> Wait in the line

"... Fine, I'll borrow that stupid lunch of yours..." Vergil said, which made Jerome give a very wide smile.
"Yay!" Jerome cheered like a little kid, "come on! I saw the perfect spot we could eat here!"
"You better," Vergil said as he follows him.

The two sits in one table with two chairs. Jerome takes out his lunch and shows it to him, which reveals to be a cheeseburger with beef, salad, chicken wrap and a bottle of water.
"Here, let me cut it in half," Jerome offered as he managed to cut both the burger and chicken wrap in half.

He also takes out the veggie parts in those halves and gives it to Vergil.
"... I'm actually surprised you remember I hate veggies..." Vergil pointed out.
"What kind of best friend would I be if I forget that?" Jerome asked as he takes a bite of the burger.
"Really man? You hate veggies?" Bucky asked, "What are you, a toddler?"
"..." Vergil takes a bite as he puts his hand on the bunny's head and bangs his head on the table... hard.
"OWW!!!" Bucky screamed. "Come on! I was teasing!"

"..." Vergil ignored him and continues eating.
"... Fine! Be like that... jerk!" Bucky sighed and says, "Now... about Cara's labyrinth..."
"Right! You said we need to destroy some core, correct?" Jerome said.
"Yes, and it's located the deepest part of the labyrinth," Bucky told them.
"Awesome! So, how do we destroy it?"
"... I... I don't know..."

"... Excuse me?" Vergil asked in silent anger.
"I... I never destroyed a core before, okay!" Bucky told them, making Jerome groans.
"Seriously?!" Jerome groaned, then he saw Cara walking around, as she smiles at Vergil with a blush, but the moment she notices Jerome, she shakes a bit and quickly runs off to a different table, far away from the duo, "... I really need to apologise..."
"You can do that AFTER we destroyed the core," Bucky told him.

"... You're right... oh yea! I-" Jerome's widen as he saw Vergil already finished his lunch. "... Wow you're fast!"
"... I get that a lot," Vergil said, "So, you were saying?"
"Oh! Tomorrow, there's gonna be a dodgeball event where the teachers and the team will take part," Jerome told him, "Just to let you know, beforehand, okay?"
"... I will keep that in mind," Vergil told him.
"Awesome!" Jerome smirked. "Man... it will be like the old days, right?!"
"..." Vergil didn't say anything, "So... this book will take us back to the Shadow hell, right?"
"Hey!" Jerome shouted, "Don't ignore me!"
"Is that how you guys entered the Shadow hell?" Bucky asked, which Vergil nods. "In that case, yes,"
"... Good to know," Vergil replied.

Then, the bell rings and everyone except the trio starts moving.
"... Aww, I haven't even finished my lunch!" Jerome complained.
"You can eat after school," Vergil told him, "Now quit your complaining,"
"Hey! I'm teaching gym class! I need my-"
"... Shut... up..." Vergil told him off with a intimating glare, which Jerome's face turns a bit pale, quickly packs his lunch and stands up.
"Okay, let's go then..." Jerome said as he walks off, with Vergil grabs his bag, stands up and follows him.

A/N - Sorry it took so long, but I did it! Yay! I hope you guys enjoyed it, and if you do, leave a comment and have a nice day, my ninja clan! See you next Wednesday. Kuno out!