Chapter 2-The stable boy

Mulai dari awal

"Wake up Annebelle." A guy's voice whispers.

I open my eyes and see a forest village around us. We are close to the actual kingdom. A few hours ride. I look up and see Alexon with a firm line as a mouth.

"What is it?" I ask him.

"We are in the Northern kingdom. Please be careful. Hide your bow." He whispers. I do as I am told. I don't want to get us in trouble. Again.

I hear people whispering and I actually comprehend what they say.

"Is that Prince Alexon? Who's the girl with him?"

"That's Princess Annebelle!"

"Who's the other boy?"

"That's Duke Mason! Annebelle's future husband."

"Wasn't he put for treason?"

"Who cares! Look at him!"

I look over to see Mason and see he has a smug look.

"Don't get your hopes up." I say to him. He laughs and pulls his horse closer to mine.

"Come on! Lets show them the show they want!" He says offering me a hand.

I take it. "What do you mean by that?"

"Like this." He pulls me onto his horse and places his lips on mine in a kiss.

I hear a few whistles from the guys and giggles from the girls. He pulls away and winks at me.

"Now was that so bad?" He says

"It depends. On your smell yes. The kiss no." I say with a smile.

I hear Alexon laugh and Mason frowns.

"So I smell bad? Would you like to help me take a bath?" He says flirting.

"Alexon! May I ride with you?" I ask him

"Sorry sister. You have to be with you future man. I'm not going to be responsible for any problems." He says riding his horse up ahead.

I look over to Mason and stick a finger to his chest. "Behave or you will be in trouble."

He makes a mischievous look. "Behave? I will be civil, but behave? I'm sorry but I can't.  Not with a pretty lady like you." He gives me a heartstopping grin.

I blush a light red and hear the laughs of the commoners.

He leans down and whispers in my ear. "I missed you so much you can't even fathom. Your blush and laugh makes me feel at home again."

I blush an even deeper color. "Stop messing with me you bully." I whisper to him.

"Do you think I am? If so then you are blind. I love you, Belle. Always have and I wanted to kill my father when he trapped you and tried to kill you." He says with a lethal glare in his eyes.

"Do you know why he tried to do that?" I asks slowly, trying to not let him kill someone. He has a very violent temper when someone he loves is messed with.

"He thought you weren't worthy of me. He thought that I deserved your sister. I didn't like your sister, heck I nearly hated her. He says you are unpure and unworthy of the crown."

I hear Alexon growl out in anger. "He deserved what he got, Mason."

Mason sighs. "I know, but how would you feel if someone you did love was killed? Or a parent?"

"It hurts I know." Alexon mutters looking back towards the forest.

I look into the sky and see the clouds darkening. "It's going to rain again."

Alexon looks up and wipes something on him face. He looks at his hand. "Look whos the oracle."

"I'm not an oracle. It's obvious." I say pulling my hood over my head.

"Can I have one of your cloaks? I am cold." Mason says.

"No." I say pulling my cloak closer to me.

"Alright, then you are making me do this." He says and pulls me really close to him. "You are warm."

"I know." I say with a yawn. I lean against him and close my eyes. I let sleep take over me.

I open my eyes and see a bright light. I lift my hand to cover my eyes and notice I'm wearing a diffrent dress. This time it's a deep pink with long sleeves. I spin to look all around me and notice there is no one around me. I start to walk around. I'm in a huge stone room with all sorts of tapestries to the walls. Everytime I get close to one it almost dissolves until I can't read it.

I'm sure I am not awake. I must be in a dream.

I walk closer to the light and notice my surroundings change. I am in a meadow. It has all sorts of flowers here. I smile. I love flowers.

Annebelle.

I hear my name but I see no one. I spin and nearly run into someone. I frown and look up.

I meet the eyes of a witch. Bright yellow eyes, a pointed nose, but a gentle smile and  wrinkles. Her eyes show age and wisdom. I take a step back and look around.

Who are you looking for?

She's talking to me in my head! I open my mouth to speak but I suddenly become dizzy.

We are warning you to be careful. You have a hidden secret that will be unleashed soon. You were warned. Come to the witches coven and we will help you control it.

I nod or try to without falling. I must try to figure this out. I fall to the floor in a heap.

It is okay child. Concentrate on one thing. Person preferably.

I focus on the first person that comes to mind. Peter. His eyes, smirk, everything. I start to see a light and I am transported to the safe room. I look around and see a few guards on the floor with too much blood around them. I slowly notice the faces on them and I see Peter lying in the floor with pain on his face.

Peter! I yell out mentally.

I see him shift and the wound he has. I gasp. He was stabbed in the side of his stomach. It's a injury if not treated can kill, but if treated he will survive. They showed mercy on him. I run up to the side and collapse next to him. I go to touch him and my hands go through him. Am I in a vision or what?

I feel like I'm being shaked like the earth. I feel myself pulled back into my body and open my eyes. I immediately squint from the light. When did it go bright? I look around and see a kingdom. We are in the Northern Kingdom already?

"Now follow my orders exactly if you want to survive." I hear Alexon whisper to me. I nod. "You need to fake being weak."

"Why?" I ask confused.

"Because here, girls aren't allowed to have weapons or even learn how to fight. Just act like an average girl please.  Like swoon or faint or whatever it is girls do to make us to fall to our knees or feel weak." Alexon says.

I nod. And look up to the giant castle. It is made of stones and it shimmers from the rain dew.. Oh how my acting skills are going to be put to the test.