Chapter 49: Donovan

Comincia dall'inizio

I look up in front of me only to be met with a man who can only be described as frightening. From even the first glance, I can tell that Donovan is not a man you'd want to mess with. Despite being only a few years older than us, he looks much older and something about him is very off putting. 

His skin is as pale as a ghost, which contrast with his tattoo-covered arms. Shape-wise Donovan looks kinda like a punk-rock version of slenderman. He's tall and thin, but has muscled arms and torso. His jet-black hair reaches his shoulders and covers part of his eye on the left side. He also has a scar on his left cheek and his skin is clearly wrinkled from continued drug use. 

His menacing dark eyes scan my body leading up to my face, where his gaze lingers to analyze. His face shows a bored expression as if he's not pleased. He scowls at me before moving the scowl to Westley.

"West, you can't be serious." he scolds Westley.  

"Look at her man, she's smoking hot! How can you say no to that?" Westley spins me around, trying to highlight my assets. Gag. Donovan scoffs.

"I prefer more of a natural beauty," he scowls looking over my heavy makeup and tasteless attire. Westley nervously uses the blindfold to wipe off my lipstick. 

"See? She's even more beautiful without makeup. She is a total natural beauty."

"I understand she's hot. We can all see that. Good bone structure, a nice body, those eyes..." he trails off momentarily before reigning himself in again, "Regardless, we have a million whores just like this bitch at our clubs, what do you think would make her appealing to me to not only let off your debts but to leave your sister alone too?"

"Well, she's extremely good in bed, I've heard. She's many men's type: very submissive yet is a firecracker that needs to be tamed." 

"Hmm," He gets closer, eying my body again like he's looking at merchandise which makes me flinch. "She's a fragile little thing, isn't she?"

"Yes. She's extremely fragile. Heck, her boyfriend practically has to put a leash around her neck because she can't do anything or protect herself on her own," Westley reassures him, making this sicko smile. I keep my eyes downcast to avoid revealing my emotions. I feel like this man could chew them all up and spit them out on the table instantly. He comes closer and I still refuse to look up. He guides my chin up so I have to stare into his black orbs. 

"And such beautiful eyes," he pauses, releasing my chin and taking a step back. He turns to Westley again.

"While your offer proves rather... appealing, I'd much rather prefer my Avery over this run of the mill whore." My jaw drops... I am no average bitch!

"She's rich!" Westley blurts out.

"Is she from an influential family in the area?" Our area is known for its wealth. My family is new money, but Cody's is a mix of old money and new money coming from the businesses. Cody's family is extremely prominent and influential.

"Uh... I..." He turns to Quinn for help. Quinn obliges. "Her parents are famous photographers."

Donovan scowls, clearly unimpressed. 

Westley adds, "And she is--er was--dating an influential family's son...The Sutherlands." 

Donovan's eyes light up at this. "Ah yes, Henry Sutherland, international business tycoon and well known billionaire. His son, I've heard, is quite successful too as an international model and also dabbles in his father's businesses. He's in line to take them over." Donovan ponders this over as I try to keep my wince from showing. I hate hearing Cody's last name is coming out of such a disgusting mouth. 

Donovan turns back to me. "Ah yes," he plays with a lock of my hair, "If that is the case, you my dear might actually be very helpful to me after all." 

"H-how?" I croak. I realize this is the first word I've spoken. He chuckles at my frail voice, enjoying my weak appearance.

"To get to your little boyfriend, of course. He owns a large fortune which I can extract by using you. Plus, as Westley over here said, after we destroy the Sutherlands, you'd make a nice asset to one of my exclusive clubs. Quite an appealing financial decision if I do say so myself."

My fists ball up at my sides trying to supress my boiling anger. Why doesn't anyone see me as my own person? Why am I always known as "Cody's girlfriend?" Why can't I just be Skylar, an independent part of the relationship? Cody finally sees it that way, why can't everyone else?

Anger pulses through my veins. My fists clench at my side and all I see is red. Without thinking, I raise my hand and slap Donovan across the face. I don't realize what I've done until moments later when he forcefully grabs my wrist and forces eye contact. I stare back at him in horror at what I've just done. Did I just compromise the plan? Is he going to kill me?

To my surprise he doesn't even flinch. He just turns to Westley and addresses him once again.

"This bitch is feral, but luckily for you, some of the guys at the club like this kind of defiance so I'll let this one slide."

"So does this mean you'll accept our offer?" Westley asks full of hope.

Avoiding my terrified eyes, he maintains his grip while looking over at Westley. "She'll do. Your debts are cleared. You may leave."

"And..." Westley intervenes a little shly. 

"I'll leave Avery alone. Now leave."

Gulping down my fear, I manage to look back at Quinn who slightly nods, signifying that the plan is still on. 

Donovan then turns to me with a menacing look on his face. "Now what should we do with you?" 

I take a deep breath, remembering the plan and that I just have to somehow get through the next few hours. 

A/N

Things are heating up for sure... do you think their plan will work? Also what is the plan?

A/N goes to bambamthegreat ! She messaged me and it was really sweet and so I dedicate this chappie to her! Keep commenting and voting if you want to get a shoutout <3 teehee

Westley is a poopoo head >:(

anyways see ya in the next chappie

xoxo, B E A !