Chapter 49: Donovan

Cody's POV

We arrive at Westley's house after school, disguised as a parked car of a neighbors. My car has tinted windows, which is helpful for our stake out. So far no action has come out of Westley's house. However this changes when his car pulls up and he goes inside before exiting shortly after and going into his car. The problem: no Skylar in sight. 

We follow him out of the neighborhood and he drives all the way to Quinn's house. Aside from him leaving his car and going inside, no action is coming out of Quinn's house. I half-way consider bursting in through the door and going full attack mode, but Rolfe assures me not to There are three cars parked outside, one of them Rolfe recognizes as belonging to Quinn which is in the driveway and the other two he doesn't recognize, but assumes has something to do with Donovan. If so, going in would be a death wish.

An hour passes before anything happens and when it finally does, it all happens at once. The door opens and I see Westley, Quinn, and worst of all two unknown men escorting a rather familiar blindfolded brunette. My heart squeezes in my chest in recognition. We've finally found her.

I'm literally about to pop out of the car and rush over to her, but Rolfe holds me back, explaining, "I want her safe and sound too, but we need to be smart about this. Those are Donovan's gang members. You don't want to get on their bad side." 

Since when has Rolfe ever done anything 'smart'? Anyways, it pains me to watch as they usher Skylar over to the vehicles. She's dressed so provocatively and she looks so pale. That combined with Westley's hand on the small of her back makes me angry. I have to remind myself to take a deep breath. Her attire most likely isn't her choice and even if it was, he couldn't do anything about it. I told her I'm working on not getting so angry and possessive regarding her and I will fulfill that promise so I can be a better boyfriend. 

 We watch in suspense as they push her into the second car before speeding off. We follow at a distance, determined to find someway to get her back.

Skylar's POV

When the car stops abruptly a while later, I am ushered out of the car still blindfolded and then through only what I can assume is a bunch of hallways inside a big building. The air is eerily quiet and all I can hear is the faint sound of our footsteps on the concrete floor. It isn't too long before we reach another room as I hear the door slam and our footsteps cease. Before the blindfold can even be taken off, I hear a deep male voice that sends shivers down my spine. Donovan.

"So this, is your replacement for Avery?" his voice drips with venom and disgust.

"Y-yes..." Westley stutters, clearly nervous due to his displeased reaction. 

"Do you really think that this girl will equate to Avery in worth to me? Plus, you're asking me to cut off your drug debts in exchange for this girl? For all I know, she could be useless."

"She's hardly useless, I promise," Westley reassures him, "Aside from being a total beauty with a body to match, she's quite resourceful and knows how to clean, cook, or do whatever you need. Also, from what I've heard, she's a total freak in the sheets. She'd make good money at one of your clubs..." A bitter taste fills my mouth. Does he really think... Ugh men. 

Donovan makes a noise of intrigue but doesn't seem convinced. Westley fumbles with my blindfold. Finally.

The blindfold drops and I can finally get a good look at my surroundings. We're in a dimly lit lounge with red walls and purple drapes. There are several framed paintings on the walls and fancy tables with other decor. There are expensive-looking couches lining two of the walls but no one is sitting. Instead, everyone seems to be standing with their focus all on one thing: me.