Chapter 43: The Basement

Skylar's POV

I lay as still as I can, making sure my face is expressionless so they believe that I am sleeping. The stranger who hasn't spoken yet takes his leave and the one with the deep voice promises to make sure I don't wake up before the other gets back. 

Though I was very drunk the last time I was here, I have identified this place as that belonging to none other than Quinn Harris, who I am almost positive is the owner of the deep voice. Rolfe took me to a party here and told me that Quinn was Tanya's cousin, but I eventually figured out it was a lie once I learned that Tanya and Quinn hooked up for a while. Although, I wouldn't really put it past Tanya to bump uglies with her cousin. But I digress...

So I'm at Quinn's house, but why? Suddenly the phone rings and I get anxious.

"Didn't you just leave?" Quinn chuckles into the phone. I can't hear the other end of the line even if I hold my breath to make it as quiet as possible.

"Dude, she's been out for days. She's gonna wake up sooner or later. Plus, I thought I saw her stirring earlier." A long pause where the other person responds, followed but footsteps pacing around the room. I can feel his eyes on me as he makes his way from one end of the room to the other. I continue breathing and pretending to be asleep.

"Alright. I'll get more into her system, but only enough to hold her until tomorrow. We have to get some food into her sooner or later."

I hear his footsteps disappear into another room and I take my chance. As quietly as I can muster, I peel back the blanket, step down onto the floor, and tip toe my way to the stairs. Ascending them quickly but also silently, I look back to make sure I'm not seen. When I reach the top my hand stretches towards the doorknob, my fingers soon wrap around the cold metal bulb.

I twist it ever so slowly but my breath catches into my throat due to a sudden backward motion. My body is ripped from the door and smashed into a hard chest. A pair of arms encircle my small frame, holding me in place despite my desperate struggle to get free.

My captor mumbles profanity behind me as he pins my arms to my chest with his massive arms, rendering me immobile. I feel a pinch on my neck and my body begins to relax. As this happens, my captor loosens his grip. My consciousness slipping, I turn around, coming face to face with Quinn Harris. 

Just as I suspected. Then, I give in to the dark temptation of sleep.

The next time I regain my consciousness, you can imagine my sheer disappointment when I discover a freaking chain attaching to my foot to the couch. I groan audibly when it doesn't allow me to move. What the actual frick is happening.

It isn't long before I find my source of answers. I just need to pry it out. When Quinn comes by later bringing me a tray of food, I refuse to eat unless I get some answers. 

"Come on, Skylar, don't be a dumbass. You haven't eaten in five days." 

"I'll eat when you tell me why the heck I'm here." 

"Skylar, just eat. Please," he exhales, clearly frustrated.

"Tell me who you were on the phone with earlier." He looks back at me with a worried and surprised expression. I guess he didn't realize I was listening into my surroundings this whole time. I add, "Who was yelling at you on the phone?"

"That's none of your business."

"Do I know the person?"

"Yes, but I can't tell you who it is. You'll find out soon enough."

"Ugh, you're no fun." 

A/N
Sowy for the slow updates. I've been super busy.

Anyone remember who Quinn is or when she was in his basement before? Did anyone guess correctly?

What did you think of the chappie? Be honest. Were you expecting it to be Quinn's basement?

Shoutout goes to rosembrammer ! They commented many times and that made me smile teehee. Thanks for your support ILY!

Okay see you in the next chappy xD

xoxo, BEA