Chapter 46: Bathroom Window

Cody's POV

It felt like eternities before Rolfe walked through the door of the empty classroom. He sits down across from me and heaves out a sigh.

"So?"

"I think I know where she is."

I can't help but stand up, ready to go out and get my girl back. "Where is she?!"

He sighs, making me frustrated. Rolfe averts his eyes and starts to ramble. "She's in trouble. I think Westley has her. I overheard him on the phone. He mentioned the names Avery and Donovan and I'm worried."

"Who?"

"Avery is Westley's sister. Donovan is dangerous. They have a history."

"Which is?" Do I seriously have to pry this information out of him? Just tell me already where I can find Skylar!

"Donovan is a two years older than us but when he was in high school he had a massive crush on Avery. Westley was pissed off about it because she was only 14 at the time and he was 18."

"Okay and what does this have to do with Skylar?" I get frustrated, not connecting any dots on the map to Skylar.

"Westley has an additional problem. Donovan is his dealer, well was. Lately Westley has been running low on funds. I'm not sure if that connects in any way to Skylar but I just have a hunch. Also, he said that something about a meeting Friday at 8. I think we should follow his car. He's involved in some seriously dangerous things in the area. It could potentially be dangerous to follow him depending on if my hunch is right..."

"At this point, I'm desperate enough to try anything."

Skylar's POV

I woke up again to find no chains on my legs. Wow, at least I upgraded. I look across the room to see Quinn playing on his phone with a bored expression.

"What cha doin'?" I break the silence, startling him. 

"Skylar, don't scare me like that."

"What's on the agenda for today, Mr. Prison Guard?"

"Skylar," he warns, his tone showing seriousness. 

"Quinn," I mock him, "Can I shower? I feel so sweaty and gross."

"No."

"Why not?"

"Cuz you'll try to escape."

"How? We're literally in a basement and the only exit is through that door above the stairs."

"Ugh, fine. But be quick. I'm gonna set a timer for 10 minutes but you better be done or else I'm coming in."

I nod, relieved for a bit of privacy and of course, the opportunity to escape. There may be no exit doors but there is a small window located above the toilet that I've observed the few times he's let me pee. 

Quickly I turn on the shower and start my plan. Standing on the toilet seat, I work on unhinging the high locked window. Eventually it gives in and I get my first breath of fresh air. I work on squeezing my body through it and I get stuck only momentarily before finally stumbling out onto the grass. 

The sun is blinding and I am surprised by how easy this was. Stumbling towards the road, I see a familiar car parked and hope begins to burst out of my chest. I rush over and see a familiar face emerge from the driver's seat. I rush up to him.

"Westley! Please help me! Quinn kidnapped me! I need your... help." My words falter as his expression turns from surprised to confused to angry. 

Without another word, mutual understanding of what is happening hits and I quickly turn to bolt but before I can, he lunges for me and it's too late. I should have ran as soon as I saw the light of day. With me now pinned to his chest, he drags me back inside the house and locks the door behind him.

A/N

Short chappie. Be honest, did anyone even suspect Westley had any part in this?

Shoutout goes to DWFTMY ! Thanks for always supporting me and comments giving Cody redemption coins always make me smile. Teehee <33

The other day i went through comments on all the previous chappies and you guys are really funny xD also this story is ranked #610 in romance which kinda doesn't sound great but like there's over 1.5 million stories in that which puts me at the 0.04th percentile, which is kinda wild. I love each and everyone of you and I hope all your days are splendid. (I wrote this A/N a week ago so it might have changed since then but I am still hella thankful for y'all)

 teehee xoxo, bea