I Promise (Prinxiety)

Comincia dall'inizio

Patton bit his lip, thinking for a moment before nodding. He sat back down, allowing Roman to go to Virgil's room.

Roman made his way there, finding the door locked. "Virgil?" He called, knocking. "Can I come in please?"

There was some shuffling from the inside as Roman waited. Virgil opened the door, the hood of his hoodie on his head. "What do you want?" He mumbled. His tone showed hurt, sadness, and his voice was raw as if he'd been crying.

Roman frowned a little, "Virgil? Have you been crying?" He knew it was a blunt question, but best to get straight to the point right?

Virgil quickly wiped his eyes before looking up at Roman. "Sorry not all of us are as happy as you," he said, trying to be mean but it came out with much more sadness than intended. He turned around, going to his bed.

Roman didn't leave, instead going to sit by Virgil on the bed. He glanced around, seeing a mess around the room, as if things had been thrown. He also saw a notebook and a box. He knew he shouldn't but Roman grabbed the items anyways.

"Hey!" Virgil shouted, trying to grab them. "Roman those are mine!" He was struggling against Roman, failing to grab the objects.

After five minutes of this Virgil gave up, laying back on his bed as he pouted. "Know what? Fine, read them, invade my personal space."

Roman sighed. "Im only doing this because we're all worried, V." He opened the notebook, seeing a beautiful drawing of an eye, but it held sadness. Tears flowed down on the page, and Roman's heart clenched.

He turned the page, seeing a short poem.

'Why is life this way?

Ups and downs

Up up up

Only to crash, bottoming out

What is this game?

Why do we play?

When everything

Eventually

Goes away.'

He frowned more, flipping a few more pages before stopping. This looked like a letter, one that had been written recently.

'Dear you guys,

Ok, Logan. I know that wasn't a proper introduction, but c'mon. Not the time. I guess if you found this... I succeeded. Wow. Never actually thoight that would happen...

Pat, Dad, please. Don't blame yourself, I've been feeling this way for a long long time. There was nothing you could do to help, I don't want help.

Logan, please watch Patton. I know he wont be ok after this, but I just couldn't take it anymore. Everything got to be too much...I'm sorry.

Roman. I don't know why you'd care anyways. But uh...I do like you. As a friend, I mean. I always hoped we could get along, I guess that wasn't meant to be.

I love you all. Just...forget about me, ok? You never needed me anyways.

Love, Virgil'

Roman's eyes teared up as he glanced at Virgil. "V-virge?" He asked, voice breaking.

The other looked confused, sitting back up. His eyes went wide as he saw what Roman was reading. "SHIT NO I FORGOT THAT WAS IN HERE!" He yelled, yanking the book from Roman.

But it was too late, Roman knew. "Virgil...what makes you think I don't care?" He questioned gently. "Of course I care, I think of you as my b-best friend."

Virgil stopped moving. "What?" He asked, not daring look in Roman's eyes. "You do?"

Roman nodded, gently grabbing Virgil and pulling him closer. "Obviously. I'm so sorry my teasing got to you...I thought it was just a friendly thing."

Virgil relaxed slightly, moving so he was in Roman's lap, hugging onto him. "I-i didn't want you t-to see that," he mumbled, burying his face in Roman's shoulder.

The creative side rubbed his back. "I'm glad I did. Now I can help, right? Help you get better. Help make sure you're ok."

Virgil nodded a bit, not daring move in case this was a dream. "Promise me you won't leave?" He asked quietly.

Roman nodded. "Only if you promise you won't either."

Virgil pulled away nodding. "Yeah..." He said quietly, looking in Roman's eyes.

Both of them talked in unison now. "I promise."