Chapter One - Princes of Asgard

A/N: Okay so, first real chapter guys! Dedicated to @CelticLands because she's brill, enjoy and have a wonderful day/night, love abbiemca x 

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Chapter One - Princes of Asgard

Ava's View

Loki had took my hand in his and I suddenly found myself blinded by a spectrum of light. My stomach lurched and my head was spinning, I gripped Loki's arm as if my life depended on it. I shut my eyes tight and clenched my jaw, holding my breath as we were both taken through the beam of light. 

 When I was fairly certain that we had came to a standstill, I slowly opened my eyes and I was almost blinded by the sights that hit me. I was standing on top of a long, glass-like beam which had all seven colours of the rainbow shooting around inside of it. The beam ran all the way from Loki and I to what seemed like a city made of pure gold, each and every building glinting in the light and shining from miles away. A tall, golden, majestic building with multiple levels and columns stood in the middle of the city, clearly of some importance. I looked above me and instead of the blue skies and white clouds of Earth, the sky was full of stars, galaxies, nebulae and moons; the type you could only be lucky to see from a telescope. Each star shone and gave off a light that Earth could never achieve, it was beautiful. 

 I could feel Loki's gaze on my face but I didn't turn. I continued to look at the sky, completely in awe of all its beauty. 

"Do you like it?" Loki asked, his voice warm and pleasant. I didn't trust my voice so instead I just nodded. "You can let go of me now, you know. You're going to hurt your arm," Loki chuckled. I looked down to what he was talking about and immediately sprang off his arm, feeling my cheeks flush crimson. Loki laughed. 

"Sorry," I muttered quietly, Loki just smiled and intertwined his fingers with mine. He began to lead me towards the golden city that was standing tall a while in front of us. We chattered idly about meaningless things before somebody interrupted us. 

"Prince Loki," A deep booming voice said behind us. Loki turned sharply, almost pulling me over. I scowled and turned towards the man. He was large, with ebony skin and rippling muscles. He was clad in golden armour and helmet and he held a huge golden sword in his hands.  His eyes were a very peculiar shade of amber and he spoke as if he was reciting a prophecy. 

Wait - what did he say? Prince Loki. I had to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing. Loki? prince? Surely that is a private joke or something. However, neither of them seemed to be laughing. 

"Yes, Heimdall?" Loki said, his voice empty, no longer warm and happy as it was when he had spoken to me. Heimdall looked at him, but his eyes made it seem like he was looking straight through him. 

"You have been warned against the misuse of the Bifrost. It has only just been repaired and we have all been told it is to be used only in emergencies. Please abide by your Father's rules, Loki." Heimdall said, his voice low, almost a rumble. I saw Loki grimace as Heimdall had said the word 'Father' to him. 

"I was doing no such thing, dear Gatekeeper. I was simply collecting my love here," Loki said, holding out my hand in an over-exaggerated feat of majesty. I rolled my eyes at him and pulled my hand back to my side. Heimdall's amber eyes flitted towards me and the way he looked at me unnerved me slightly. 

"It is a pleasure to meet you fair maiden, what may your name be?" Heimdall asked, with the ghost of a smile on his face. 

"Um..Ava. My name is Ava." I said, still intimidated by the enormous man standing before me. He tilted his head to the side slightly, and beams of light ricocheted from his golden helmet.