Chapter Twenty Six - Help Wanted

A/N: I just wanted to say thank you to all of my readers, and to all of you who vote and comment and support me because I know I'm really irregular with updates but yet you still put up with me! I know this chapter took me forever, so I'm really, really sorry. Song at the side is She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5, as I just think it sums up Steve quite well :) Enjoy this chapter and have a wonderful day/night, love abbiemca x 

+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Chapter Twenty Six - Help Wanted

Ava's View

I don't think I'd ever forget what Sondra had shown me. Just the look on her face, her whole manner when her best friend had died in front of her. And now I knew what Odin had done, I couldn't help but feel sorry for her.

However, she didn't mention it after that night, and I wasn't going to unearth things that I was pretty certain she didn't want to remember. 

SHIELD had called us back in. They wanted to keep an eye on Sondra, and they requested my 'vital' help, which had made me laugh uncontrollably, considering how they treated me previously, but still, we did as we were asked, purely because I knew how difficult being on their bad side could be. 

Sondra was a little reluctant at first, particularly since she had been quite certain that they'd have her locked up in a cage in no time, and I'm afraid to say I was agreeing with her until we got there. They did no such thing. They let her stroll around base to her heart's content, they let her wander off and talk to whoever she pleased; they just clipped a small earpiece to her, which meant they could track her and communicate with her if they needed to. 

I, on the other hand, was taken to Bruce's lab. He was in there, of course, along with Tony, Sylvie and my father. I raised an eyebrow and placed a hand on my hip as I entered. Sylvie gave me a hardened glare and nothing more, Bruce and Tony smirked to themselves and my father was the one to step forward and be the first to speak. 

"We need your help with Titan, Ava," He said, his voice calm and steady. I let out a loud, sarcastic laugh. 

"Bit awkward this, isn't it? Considering I'm not strictly part of this phase," I said, unable to stop a smirk growing on my lips. 

"Fury has given you your all access status back," He said, his voice growing significantly quieter. My smirk only became larger. 

"What a surprise," I muttered. Bruce and Tony didn't look at me, but I could see smiles playing at the corners of their mouths. "And what makes you think I'll help you, I mean, you lot haven't been great to me lately have you?"

"She has a point," Tony added, but a steely glare from Sylvie managed to shut him up. 

"I thought you were into all the 'saving the innocent' kind of stuff? If you don't help us, the entire world's population is immediately put at risk," Sylvie said, flicking her blonde hair out of her eyes. I glared at her. 

"You're using the well being of people against me?" I asked.

"Are you going to help us or not?" My father asked, his silvery eyes seeming to flare up with slight annoyance. I placed my palms on the cold worktop of the nearest table and leaned back on it. 

"Well that depends on what you want from me, dear father," I said, with a patronising tone to my voice. He ran his fingers through his dark hair before explaining to me what their requirements were. 

"We need you to stop it," He managed to say, almost like it pained him to say the words. His grey eyes seemed to glaze over and Sylvie refused to look at me. Bruce smiled at me weakly, and Tony smirked, but it was almost to himself. I raised an eyebrow at my dad.