book two: chapter four

whether i continue this story or not
depends on how much feedback i get on
this chapter. so run this up ! if y'all
want this story back ;)

• • • •

It has been almost a whole month since Zayn's seen Liam again. He's passed the point of being pissed about it though because now all he's feeling is anxious and scared. Zayn hasn't even heard from him either and that's what has him scared the most about the alpha not being back yet.

The first two days when Liam left, the alpha had tried contacting Zayn; calling him, texting him and even trying to get Isabella to come to his apartment and get him on the phone. Zayn hasn't answered the door for her, pretends he isn't home when she knocks and he ignored all of Liam's calls and texts the first week.

It took so much apologizing on Zayn's end to get Isabella to speak to him again. She was totally pissed off over the fact that Zayn was practically ignoring her and not bothering to keep in contact.

After the first week though and Zayn still hadn't answered any of Liam's calls, the alpha stopped trying to contact him all together. He had sent one last message to Zayn before he stopped texting him and the message had Zayn trying to call Liam back.

liam
just making it worse for yourself
see you when i get back.

Zayn tried messaging him that he was just really busy but the alpha hasn't bothered to answer any of Zayn's attempts now. Now that it's been almost a whole month and Liam has yet to arrive back, Zayn was starting to worry. He didn't know if the alpha was just not finished with business, in some sort of trouble, or just not coming back at all.

His own boss and supervisor has warned him that if Liam doesn't show back soon, then they'll call off the mission and get Zayn out of there. Zayn has had to plead for his supervisor to keep him undercover and that things will start to happen again soon. He's already on thin ice with his boss though, considering that it's been close to a year since he's been undercover and the information he's gathered so far has been either useless or just plain unusable.

His phone ringing breaks him out of his thoughts and he's met with Isabella's contact on the bright screen. He answers the phone and before he can even say hello, she's speaking rapidly in his ear.

"Okay, so should I wear that new gold dress I bought last weekend or the maroon one that's like strapless to this thing?"

Zayn snickers, "What thing? Are you going on a date?"

Isabella huffs on the other line. "Zayn, this is serious. Are you driving yourself by the way or do you want me to pick you up? I won't be ready for at least another two hours though."

"Wait – i'm confused. Where is it that you think i'm going right now?"

"To Liam's welcome back party at his country side home? Don't act like you're not going because you are." Isabella tells him and Zayn freezes when he hears welcome back party because that just means that -

"Liam's back?"

Isabella goes quiet on the other line and Zayn is biting his lip anxiously because how did he not know that Liam had finally arrived back.

"Liam didn't tell you? Wait – he's been back since yesterday morning. Louis said they were having a gathering today to welcome him back. I told Liam if he wanted me to tell you about it but he told he would do it. You're telling me, he never told you about it or that he was back?"