thirty

Liam can't stop the confused look he keeps giving his laptop screen. He's scrolling down his laptop and sighing as his eyes roam over all of the different men and women on the screen. He thought this would be easy but he's not really sure what he's supposed to be looking for.

He really didn't think it would be this hard finding a therapist for himself. There's just so many around his area and they pretty much have the exact same things written about them. How is he supposed to know which one is best?

He clicks on another person and reads their achievements and type of therapy they offer and decides this woman is probably his best shot. She is the closest therapist near him so he thinks she definitely should be the one he goes to.

Liam needs to call her soon, set up an appointment because the past week and a half have really put a toll on his emotional health. He's holding everything in and he can feel it messing with him, especially when he gets angry out of nowhere and feels like punching something or just breaking down and crying.

He has no one to talk to and keeping everything bottled up inside has really done some damage to him. He has yet to tell his own parents about everything that has happened to him but he's just not ready to hear the tears from his mother and the anger from his father who's never liked Jack in the first place.

So, talking to this therapist is the best option for him and no matter how embarrassed he may be, he's still going to go through with it. He pulls out his phone and types the number to the therapist's office before pressing the call button.

Liam takes a deep breath and listens intently as the phone continues to ring. He jumps when he hears the front door open and his eyes widen when Dylan shouts out to him. He isn't paying attention to the hello on the other line and when Dylan sees him, Liam is quick to hang up his phone and stand from the kitchen table while also making sure he slyly closes his laptop shut.

"Dylan — hey. You're here," Liam jumbles out, looking at his son with wide eyes but a smile on his face. He wasn't expecting to see him today, seeing as every time he tried to call Dylan he would make it brief because he was busy.

"Hi, dad." Dylan says, smiling at Liam who lets out a shaky breath after hearing dad come out of Dylan's mouth. He's quick after that to walk closer to him and bring him in for a hug.

Liam pulls away after a good minute or two, clearing his throat and wiping the tears in his eyes. "How— are you? Are you good?"

Dylan nods his head and sighs. "I'm sorry about — I'm sorry. I've just — getting to know him."

His sentence isn't very clear but Liam understands it anyways and he nods even though he wants to scream at the mere mention of that other man.

"I get it, yeah? I don't — mind if you spend time with him because— I understand who he is. I just— want you to be able to still answer my calls, Dylan, please that's all I'm asking for here." Liam explains, lying about the fact that he doesn't mind if Dylan spends time with Conrad.

That's all a big lie, he does mind and he hates it so much. He can't do anything about it though — knows that in the end it is Dylan's choice that matters. So, if he has to lie about it then he will in order to keep his son happy.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry and I will. I just— got so caught up in it all."

Liam nods his head but doesn't say anything even though he just really wants to know what's changed Dylan's mind. The last time they were all together Dylan was crying up a storm about wanting to leave and never seeing Conrad again yet now.