thirty three

Zayn's woken up by a pillow being smacked across his face twice. He groans and tries to swat it away but that only earns him a flick on his ear before he hears Harry's annoying voice. "Wake up, loser."

He huffs before blinking his eyes open, moaning when he comes in contact with the bright sunlight, cursing his best friend in his mind for opening the blinds. "What the fuck? What time is it?"

"10 in the morning."

He stares at the green eyed boy, "Are you kidding me?" He tries to shut his eyes again and pull his blanket over his face but Harry pulls it away with a wide grin on his face.

"How are you so awake right now?"

Harry rolls his eyes, "Quit being dramatic it isn't even early. Are we going to get breakfast or not? I'm starving."

Zayn groans before sits up on his bed and stretches. He looks over at Harry who's looking at him with a pointed look which confuses him. "What?"

Harry sighs, "Liam's been calling you."

Zayn tenses up at the mention of the older man, reaches towards his desk for his phone to see the few missed calls he has from Liam since last night. He stares at them and the two messages from him with wide eyes. He looks back up at Harry and opens his mouth. "I— fuck. I don't remember shit from last night."

Harry shake his head but doesn't open his mouth to reply just continues to stare at him. Zayn waits for his friend to tell him something from last night but he gets nothing.

He sighs and moves himself on the bed, can now cross off having sex with another guy off the list because his ass isn't sore at all. He looks back to Harry still, hoping his friend would open his mouth and tell him what happened already.

Fortunately, his best friend finally decides to open his mouth, "You didn't do anything — all thanks to me by the way."

Zayn lets out a snort and shakes his head but Harry still gives him a pointed look so he sighs. "Thank you Harry — for stopping me from making a huge mistake."

Harry grins at him. "You're welcome my friend, you're doing my laundry later today though."

Zayn rolls his eyes but doesn't say anything to retaliate. He'll do his laundry because he really is thankful that Harry stopped him from doing anything wrong. He was feeling insecure because of that picture and he wasn't thinking straight at all when he left for the party.

Hooking up with someone would only set them back, he knows it. Even though Liam has told him it was okay for him to be with someone else, he knows that it would hurt Liam. Zayn doesn't want to hurt Liam anymore than he already has. The older man has been through so much because of him and in general that Zayn just wants him to be happy again.

His phone starts ringing and his heart picks up when he sees that it's Liam calling him. He grins down at his phone and ignores Harry's snickers as he answers the phone call.

"Hey—"

"I miss you," Zayn blurts out over Liam's greeting, sticking his middle finger up at Harry when the other boy laughs.

He can hear Liam's voice fall silent and then a small chuckle right after. "I miss you too, Zayn. How was your day yesterday? I— hope I didn't ruin it after what I told you. I didn't mean to upset you."

Zayn bites his bottom lip and feels all kinds of terrible about his thoughts yesterday. He's so upset with himself that he could think someone as kind as Liam would do anything with some else after he's told Zayn countless times how much he loves him.