fourteen

Zayn hasn't seen Liam in a whole week. The older man has been busy with his work and when he wasn't, Zayn couldn't leave because he was grounded. It's been a very long week but Zayn's just glad he can finally see Liam tonight at the banquet.

He's upset that they won't really get to interact but at least he gets to see that beautiful face. Hopefully they'll get a short moment alone in the bathroom like Zayn suggested before.

"You're so clingy," Louis tells him, snorting from the driver seat of his car. "You're seriously going to this banquet where it has nothing to do with you just so you can see Liam. You can't even sit with him."

"Shut up Louis."

"I'm just saying. You were just supposed to fuck him to get back at Dylan. Now you're all loved up with him?"

Zayn rolls his eyes as he tries his best to get his hair perfect. "He's nice and– I just— I really like him okay?"

Louis just rolls his eyes at his best friend before he finally turns his car off. He looks pointedly at Zayn who's still trying to fix his hair. "We're already late, want to make a grand entrance or what?"

Zayn doesn't reply, keeps his gaze in the small mirror. When he finally finishes, he looks at Louis with a frown. "Just want to make sure Liam notices me."

"Yeah, yeah." Louis mumbles before they're both stepping out of Louis' car.

They aren't that late, only about 15 minutes late but it wasn't Zayn's fault he wasn't satisfied with the way his first outfit was looking on him. He needs to make sure Liam sees him, remembers how he looks tonight so when they do see each other later tonight, the older man will fuck him good.

As soon as they enter the room, Zayn looks around the room and all the tables trying to find which one Liam's sitting at. They've entered through the back so thankfully they don't interrupt the man that's already talking on stage. He frowns because he didn't think it would be this packed with people. He's upset that he isn't able to find Liam right away.

"What the fuck? Where are we supposed to sit?" Louis huffs out. Zayn ignores him and instead looks down at his phone, sending off a quick message.

"Zayn," His best friend hisses, knocking into his side to get his attention. Zayn begrudgingly turns to Louis with a glare and his brows raised.

Louis glares right back before gesturing towards the crowded tables around them. "Where are we gonna sit, dumbass? I'm not standing the whole time."

Zayn rolls his eyes, looks down at his phone that's just buzzed with a message. "Follow me," He mutters as he walks towards the left side of the room where the message said to go.

"You've got to be kidding me," Louis groans quietly from where he's following behind Zayn, "I am not sitting with him."

Zayn rolls his eyes and takes a seat beside Harry who's grinning at him. "Finally, I was starting to wonder if you changed your mind about coming."

"No way I'd change my mind," Zayn whispers as he cranes his neck and tries to find Liam. He ignores whatever snarky comments Louis is making to Harry. The two still not on very good terms with each other but Zayn just couldn't say no when Louis said he wanted to come with Zayn.

"If you're looking for you know who he's two tables to the right and then forward," Harry mumbles into his ear, nodding his head towards the front of them.