book two: chapter two

"Holy shit, you fucking reek."

Zayn is startled out of his memories at the annoyed voice that's just walked into Liam Payne's home office. He's blushing when he realizes his arousal from playing back the memories of meeting Liam for the first time almost 7 months ago has changed his scent and practically suffocated the room with his smell of arousal.

He looks up nervously at Liam's Consigliere who's eyes are narrowed in his direction as he stands in the doorway. Zayn bites his bottom lip and slowly stands up from Liam's chair. "What are you even doing in here without Liam's permission, omega?"

It's been a total of six months since Zayn's infiltrated into the Payne crime family and he's gotten used to being belittled by Liam's confidant and trusted friend, Louis Tomlinson.

He's been on the Consigliere's radar ever since Zayn decided to return back to Karen's Bakery to thank Liam Payne for taking him home all those months ago when he went into heat. Zayn had decided the best way to remind Liam of his existence was to wait a whole week after his heat and bashfully thank the alpha don for driving him home and not even having sex with Zayn.

(That had surprised Zayn the most. He knows he had been so desperate and aroused for Liam and for the alpha to fuck him yet the older man didn't. Instead, Liam Payne walked him up to his apartment, reached for Zayn's phone and sent a text to Zayn's roommate to inform him that Zayn was in heat and to just be aware. Zayn remembers vividly how hard Liam was in his slacks, could also remember squeezing the alpha's cock twice before Liam calmly moved out of reach. Liam had so much self restraint as he made Zayn comfortable in the omega's room before he finally left Zayn's apartment.

Zayn also remembers Harry freaking out about the two burly men who were standing guard outside of their apartment. Harry had then informed him that they were instructed by their boss to make sure the omega inside was safe until his friend arrived.)

Now, Zayn had become close to alpha Liam Payne, playing his role as the shy and innocent omega who had become enamored with Liam. Liam fell for his ruse, had become so addicted to fucking Zayn and having the beautiful omega beside him almost everyday.

It wasn't a surprise that someone actually seemed suspicious of Zayn (a fact that he has yet to admit to his boss because that would make his captain take him out of the field) and that person so happened to be Liam's Consigliere, Louis Tomlinson.

"I — was waiting for Liam. I wanted to surprise him," Zayn murmurs softly. It's false but he highly doubts telling Louis that he was really in here digging through Liam's files (before he got distracted and started daydreaming about Liam fucking him) would go over well.

Louis sneers at him but before he can say anything, Liam's walking in and smirking when he notices Zayn in the room. His eyes darkening when Zayn's arousal fills his nostrils. "Well, don't you smell absolutely amazing."

Zayn bashfully leans his head down and jumps when he feels fingers on his back. They start at his lower back and slowly trail up his shirt to his shoulders where Liam squeezes. The alpha's warm breath on the shell of his ear.

"You've really missed me haven't you, mio tesoro (darling/my treasure), hm?" Liam huskily whispers, chuckling when Zayn's fingers squeeze the alpha's hand.

Liam had been gone for two days while away on business (the alpha referred to it as a business meeting with an old friend) but Zayn knew the truth was he was in New Jersey for those two days torturing information out of a man named Joey Mullins. The same man who had spoken to authorities about Liam just six months ago.