twenty eight

"What the fuck did you just say?"

Liam means for it to come out rough and angry but it comes of more breathless because he's in shock and disbelief at what this unknown fucking man has just told him. His arm is still around Dylan and he's trying his best to calm him down, running his hand slowly up and down his back is really all he can do though because he can feel himself start to shake from anger.

"Liam—"

"Fuck you, Jack. What the fuck is this? What's going on right now?" His voice is raising and he's nervous so it doesn't come out as demanding as he'd like it to be.

The man beside his ex husband steps forward and clears his throat, "I apologize, I didn't — we were meant to tell you differently but you wouldn't listen to us and—"

"Fuck off, man. I don't know you and whatever you just told me is complete bullshit so I'm leaving."

"Liam!"

He stops moving, he's frozen in his spot and Dylan's stopped crying but he's still sniffling and looking miserably up at him. He tries his best to send a reassuring look at his son before leaning forward and pressing his lips to Dylan's forehead. "I need you to head back into your room okay."

Dylan opens his mouth to protest but Liam just makes a pleading face at him, "Please, Dylan. I don't— I need to talk," He whispers, stopping his sentence when he feels a sob in his throat.

Thankfully Dylan listens this time as he nods his head and sluggishly walks back up the stairs and into his room. Liam waits until he hears the door shut before he's turning around and glaring at the two men in front of him.

"I don't know what the fuck this is but—"

He's shaking because he's so angry at these two men and he clenches his hands. He shakes his head and lets out a loud laugh of disbelief. "What the fuck is going on?"

He watches with narrowed eyes as the other man walks back to the sofa and Jack follows after him. Liam lets out a loud breath because that means he has to follow after them if he wants to listen to what they have to say.

Jack and the man are talking and when he's finally close enough the man is holding a piece of paper in his hands. Liam stares at it because he has a good idea on what it's going to be and he's dreading looking at that paper.

Jack is staring at him with bloodshot eyes and his hands shaking nervously when the other man hands Liam the paper without a word. He stares at it before he's snatching the paper out of his hand and looking right at it.

Liam doesn't really understand everything that's being said but he sees words like DNA test and then he finally learns the man's name. Conrad Ricamora.

There's a big chart that takes up most of the paper with so many numbers and he really doesn't know how he's supposed to read this. He does see Dylan's name though and when he reads down his heart is pounding in his chest when he sees the very thing he was dreading of seeing.

The results indicate that the alleged father can not be excluded as the biological father of the child.

And then he sees the the column that holds the percentage of probability of paternity. He can't look away at the percentage while his hands clench and crumble the sides of the paper.

99.99999%

He can feel the tears building in his eyes and he doesn't even care when they start to slowly fall down his face. 99.99999%.

This fucking Conrad guy is 99.99999% the biological father of Dylan.

He can't breathe, his heart is thudding like wild in his chest and it's tightening and tightening by the second. How can this even be fucking true? There's no way in hell that this fucking guy who he's never seen before is the father of Liam's son.