twenty one

Liam lets out a tired sigh as he takes a seat on the sofa beside Andy. He rubs a hand down his face and ignores the smirk that he can see from his peripheral vision, that Andy is giving him. "Long night?"

He shakes his head even though it had been a long night — just not the kind of long night Andy is referring to. Liam couldn't fall asleep for the life of him last night, no matter how hard he tried to just shut his eyes and sleep— he couldn't. All he could think about was this whole situation with Zayn and the plan against his son and his relationship with Zayn.

He was all alone at home last night because Dylan was sleeping over at Jack's this week and he got up one too many times last night, thinking about just coming to the firehouse to sleep in his bed here. Liam was the lieutenant for squad 3 at firehouse 51 which meant he had his own little closed off space with just his own small bunk away from the other firefighters. He decided on not coming to the firehouse last night only because he didn't feel like driving all the way there.

Now, he's at the firehouse — started his shift on call for a whole 24 hours this morning, it's noon now and they've not had one call all day. Liam's feeling a bit restless, he was glad that he was going to be on shift today because that meant he could focus on his job rather than Zayn and their relationship.

He didn't want to think about it — though that's all he seems to be doing anyways — because a part of him (a huge part) was nervous that Zayn would change his mind. That Zayn would realize how old Liam actually is and how being with him would only make Zayn's life boring while he's away at college.

Ever since they left each other four days ago after their talk, Liam's felt this strange unsettling feeling after watching Zayn go. He feels uneasy and unsure about their relationship now — all that keeps running through his head is too old for him, too old and boring for him.

It hurts but Liam knows it's the truth, knows that if they do continue to keep seeing each other, Liam would no doubt make their relationship boring. He doesn't want that to happen though. He just wants to be with the younger boy who's stolen his heart right from under him without even trying. Liam wants to continue to be with Zayn but his insecurities after all that has went down between them are just growing.

It doesn't help that he's been keeping all of his feelings bottled up inside him. He hasn't told any of his close friends anything — to be honest his mates only know that he's seeing someone, nothing else.

Liam just really needs to talk to someone about his relationship with Zayn and his insecurities and learning about that retched plan from Louis and then the pregnancy scare — that damned pregnancy scare.

When he had heard Zayn blurt out those two words to him when they were fighting, he had so many mixed emotions. He'd felt angry because he had thought Zayn was just saying that to make Liam forget about everything else and focus on that. Then he had felt happiness — a surge of happiness soared through him as he imagined Zayn pregnant with his child. It was something that he didn't know he wanted but fuck — after just that scare he knew that he wanted that— a kid with Zayn. Their kid.

In the end though he had just felt sad — devastation for potentially ruining Zayn's life so young. Getting him pregnant when he was still in high school and yet to experience college, it had made Liam upset at himself. He knew it was for the best that Zayn wasn't pregnant right now, no matter how much Liam loved him and wanted that — Liam was relieved it wasn't happening right now.

"I need to meet this guy who's been keeping you away from me, I feel proper jealous," Andy remarks, slapping Liam on the shoulder with a laugh.

Liam just rolls his eyes. "Don't want you to scare him off."