thirty one

Liam is pretty sure that this has to be one of the very worst Christmas' experiences he's had ever. He's not spending it with Dylan like he usually would, even if his son was just with him for half the time while going back with Jack for the other half. This Christmas, Dylan is spending the whole day with Jack who's probably with Conrad but Liam was too fucking nervous to ask, at Jack's parents three hours away.

This time, he's spent Christmas at his parents like always just with no Dylan with him. Instead he had to use this time to finally tell his parents about everything that has happened in the past few weeks that's turned Liam's life upside down. It was not an easy task to deal with, he spent the whole conversation with his head down after seeing his mom start to tear up.

Just like he predicted, his mother cried and his dad was upset and angry (at Jack). Liam had to keep reminding him that Jack didn't know either and no he was not just using and lying to Liam these past eighteen years about it.

("My sweet, sweet baby boy. Please tell me you're okay, I don't want you to go through this alone, Liam. You should've told me sooner so I could be there for you, sweetheart." Liam's mom cried on his shoulder while hugging him tightly.)

After his dad refused to believe that part (his dad has always suspected something off with Jack), Liam really couldn't deal with it so he had to leave right after their holiday dinner instead of staying over like he planned.

( "How could he do that to you? Just lie this whole time about it, Liam? That isn't right son." His father argued, looking at him in shock.

Liam sighs and shake his head, "I don't think Jack even knew about it, dad. It was— he looked just as heartbroken over the news."

He tried to ignore the way his mother kept crying into a napkin, his chest tightening at the sight of his mom crying on Christmas, of all days. Liam really hates that he had to ruin his family's holiday with his issues.

"Was he? If he really was heartbroken and shocked over all of this then he wouldn't be spending time with the other guy now with your son, Liam."

Liam stares at his father with a clenched jaw before he's shaking his head and walking away from him. He gets off of the couch and locks himself into the bathroom to calm himself down. He really doesn't want to hear that his son is with Jack and that other man.)

He did enjoy getting to see his sisters and nephews and nieces again, his heart only restricting a few times after seeing his eight month old niece.

He also really just couldn't take the sympathetic and shocking, heartbreak looks he kept getting from his sisters. Liam knows how fucking sucky this all is and how terrible his life is, he really doesn't need to be getting those looks every time his sisters stare at him.

It's pretty late when he finally drives up to his home, his eyes widening when he sees a figure stepping off of his front porch before freezing when they see Liam's car. He's so shocked to see the younger boy on his doorstep on Christmas and he can't help it when his heart flutters at the scene.

It's been a week and a half since he's last seen or talked to Zayn and he knows that the other boy is giving him his space and time. He feels bad though that he never made more of an effort to reach out and message Zayn with a simple hi or anything.