ten

Zayn follows behind the crowd of students exiting out of the classroom, ignoring the fact that he keeps get pushed by all of his classmates who can't wait to leave school for the day. Usually he'd be just like the rest of them, in a hurry to get out of this place but not today.

He's been dreading for this school day to finish because that just meant he now had to spend time around his ex boyfriend. Zayn was not looking forward to this at all. He didn't want to be anywhere near Dylan.

Zayn curses Louis out in his head for the umpteenth time because this is all his fault that he's now got to be around Dylan. The only good thing about this all is that Louis' grouped with two athletes who don't know anything besides sports.

He lets out a sigh when he sees Harry waiting for him by his locker but he doesn't make an effort to walk any faster. Thankfully, he doesn't see Dylan anywhere and a part of Zayn is wishing that the guy will just not show up.

When he finally reaches Harry, the latter is already sending an apologetic smile his way. "I told you we shouldn't have taken this digital management class. We should've went with child development."

Zayn huffs, "Well, that was Louis fault, he's the one who was whining about not wanting to take that class because of that fake baby project we'd have to do."

Harry just lets out a sigh before he's pushing Zayn forward and then they began walking outside and towards the parking lot. "Have you seen Dylan?"

He shakes his head in reply. He hasn't seen Dylan since their class together, which was third period. "Maybe he won't show," Zayn mumbles as he crosses his arms over his chest and ignoring the look Harry gives him.

Zayn reaches into his pocket and takes out his phone, frowning when he sees there's no new text from Liam. He ignores the three messages that he's received from Louis.

"There he is," Harry says and Zayn looks up just in time to see Dylan jogging over to them.

Dylan smiles at them both before he's running a hand through his messy hair, "Sorry about that, I was saying goodbye to– uh..."

Zayn rolls his eyes when Dylan stops his sentence and looks at him with wide eyes. As if Zayn cares that he was saying goodbye to his girlfriend or whatever she is.

Dylan clears his throat and looks between both of them, "So... we can– head to my place to work on this, my dad won't mind."

Harry shakes his head but Zayn freezes when Dylan mentions his dad. He's not talking about Liam because he remembers Liam telling him how Dylan was staying at his other dad's house for two weeks.

Which means if they were to go over to Dylan's, Zayn would be able to finally see who Dylan's other dad is.

"– just go over to mine," Harry's saying but Zayn shakes his head, earning to sets of eyes set on him.

Zayn coughs, "Wait, why don't we just go to Dylan's? I mean– Haz didn't you say your mom wasn't working today? We don't want to bother her on her day off do we?"

Harry's looking at him with a puzzled expression on his face and his mouth opens and closes twice. Zayn tries his best to send Harry a pointed look and he hopes his best friend understands what he's trying to say without actually saying anything. Harry just shakes his head the slightest bit but his eyes are still filled with confusion.

"Uh– right yeah. I forgot my mom wasn't working today but... yeah I think it'd be better if we go to yours then Dylan, if that's fine." Harry finally lets out, his voice slower than normal as he sends glances towards Zayn. Zayn just nods his head the slightest bit to let Harry know that yes this is what he wants to happen.