The First door: Truth

~~~Gabrial???

I had woken up, in a place very strange but very familiar. It was then that I noticed the wind was rushing through my face, I allowed myself to focus on reality. It was then that I remembered the city where I first landed, the city where I first fought in the war.

Cherbourg how can I forget that place? The city that made me understand what war was. I remember getting shoved through the door and then blacking out, I don't know what the hell was going on but I would find out. Shortly after I landed on the ground, I noticed a familiar feeling. I was out of breath, I had not breathed in such a long time. Especially since I had been a vampire for a few months, it was almost refreshing to feel the air in my lungs again.

This wasn't real, this was all a dream and I knew this. I never knew vampires had this ability though, the ability to send another person's mind so far back into their subconscious. I walked in the same direction I walked before, reliving the events that had happened before I was taken to the queen. It was one particularly disturbing moment that I had to look at one more time, I went over to where Jason was. He had been leaning over the body, in many ways this was one of the very first times I came into contact with vampires.

I didn't know what to do, I know who I could call at this moment. I know that because she is always watching. I yelled her name, I know she would hear me no matter what. "Zamiel!" A few moments passed, and then I began to yell at the top of my lungs again. "Zamiel!" A few more moments passed, did she truly think that I wasn't going to do it again? I took a deep breath and then before I could tell I heard: 'Please for the love of my creator stop yelling.'

This is one of the few times I was happy to see her. Usually, I saw her as a nuisance with power. Though now I genuinely need help. 'So for once you need my help.' Her voice had an air of arrogance to it. She always enjoyed being right, something that I grew to tolerate. "What did she do to me?" I said ready for a way to escape. Zamiel frowned, she looked almost disappointed at my question. She then said: 'She put you in your hell.'

I realized I gave her the knife to stab me in the back, and I realized this all too late. 'This entire world is your guilt, she stitched a hell hole out of your memories.'

"I thought I was past this, I thought I was free of this. I thought I had abandoned this when I left Gabriel Roberts behind. "

'You never did I'm sorry to say. The truth of the matter is, you never wanted this life. You harbor a deep resentment for everyone in that mansion, everyone had Lilith but you.' Hearing her say that angered me.

"How the fuck would you know that?" Her eyes showed sympathy for a moment, but even more than sympathy it showed pity. Within an instant, I felt a punch in my stomach. Zamiel hit hard, not as the truth though. but she was holding back. 'How delusional can you be?'

'You haven't fed on a human after that night in Paris, you have constantly allowed yourself to be beaten down by Lucian almost as if you were punishing yourself. I've seen how far are you willing to go for revenge, I've seen how far are you willing to go in general. I can honestly say, you are a sad man on a suicide path. No one wants to send their brother to die, no one wants to watch their son die.'

Her words drove me into anger, but she was right. I had said this to her before, but every time I said it I thought about salvation. I thought about maybe they're being a chance for me to live with my kids after this was all said and done, but now that they're gone. What is there left for me? How can I spend my time being a mortal and I had no one left? The real truth of the matter was I had nothing but revenge. After my revenge, I would have nothing else to live for, but that was obvious. Zamiel likes to watch people, she also knew more than what you let on.