My Valentine a Lilith and Michael short.

February 14, 1913

"What are you up to ?" I asked Michael, of course, I could look into his thoughts but I love the fact that he would always surprise me. He had been working his ass off for the last six months, I had not figured out what it was for but I was curious. I could peer into his mind and find out but I love surprises, I have always love surprises from my lovers.

'Nothing Lil.' He hadn't even bothered to look up, he must've been doing something great for me. I always wondered why he would go through the most tedious things to give me such extravagant gifts, the dress he had bought me had to have been pretty expensive but he still bought it for me nonetheless, I couldn't understand why he would go through so much for me. We had only been together for two years, but I would be lying in saying that I had not grown to fancy this man. I would be lying in saying I had not grown to enjoy this man. It was almost as if he was a gift hand wrapped and given to me, he was so precious and so beautiful I love this man. He had such a beautiful spirit, but I wondered if he ever caught on to the fact that I wasn't normal.

"It doesn't look like nothing over there." I began to walk closer trying to get the smell of fresh paint out of my nose. He then looked up, almost with a form of shame in said 'yes you're right.' He turned a newspaper around and said

'I'm having trouble trying to pronounce this word.'
He then began to start saying it. 'Tedi...tedio...tediou.' I began to say it. "The word is tedious." His eyebrow raised, he was making a mental note. It was kind of funny how he would take a mental note of words he learned to see if he could use them.

I spent all day cooking dinner for him, it had been my first time cooking a human meal in a while. Vampires had a different sense of smell and taste compared to humans, I learned cooking a long time ago, but sometimes I needed a refresher. It was a skill that was truly mandatory for humans if they want to survive. Hunting is a good skill to have, but if you can't cook the meat then all it is is just a waste of resources.

As I was finished cooking, Michael floated to the kitchen he must've liked it because he lingered even after I told him it wasn't ready yet. Before he left he said 'I can't wait to enjoy what you're cooking.' It made my heart skip a beat, was I enjoying this? Was I enjoying the fact that my husband would partake in my meal? I only cooked simple things a lot of the time I never cooked anything overly important or anything that required a lot of ingredients. Though this time was different, I decided to buy lots of ingredients. I took the time to prep each thing and I made sure to put a lot of effort into it. I didn't use my power, nor my speed, or my persuasion. I just took my time and prepared everything properly so that I could watch his face as he enjoys this meal.

Dinner had been ready but Michael decided to take a bath, there was something folded. On the table it was an envelope, I wonder what it could be. I wanted to open it to view it but I knew this was something important just the way it was on the table I don't think he expected me to notice it just yet. I placed it on the table and began to get dishes to set it. The meal I had been preparing was stuffed chicken with mixed vegetables. I had also decided to make homemade potatoes and chicken gravy. I had realized I had cooked for two, something I was not used to.

Before I could wonder how could I eat, he had made his way down the stairs. The bathwater was fresh on him, and the LifeBuoy Soap still smelled great on his skin. Was I really beginning to fancy this man more than I thought? What turned into a few months was now going into 2 years.

'I'm back Lil' his warm voice broke me from my cold thoughts of wondering, and brought me back to this Valentine's Day. His warm eyes, penetrated the depths of my soul and it made me love him, even more, this feeling was far more than familiarity, it was like those times before. Could all of my lovers be the same man just in different shapes? Or was even someone like me capable of finding love?

"How foolish of me I made two plates." I looked down at the table and then saw the envelope again, I have begun to become curious again about what was in that envelope. 'Won't you be eating with me?' His voice sounded so sad, and how could I tell him no? I smiled and then said, "Of course, I did make enough for two after all." He ate his dinner and enjoyed every bit of it, I enjoyed watching him eat as I took a few bites of myself. I couldn't tell you how it really tastes it because in all honesty, the food gave me no nourishment and it tasted like decay. All it felt like was that my mouth was filled with something, but what made it worse was that I could taste how it. It didn't taste good I could only hope that it tasted good as I went out of my way to season it. The meat was so tough, maybe it was because I was used to blood? Maybe it was because I was used to holding my prey down and draining them dry.

'This is delicious.' Michael said it in between bites. It put a smile on my face. Michael always seems to have that gift to break me away from my darker thoughts. I wonder does he know whom he fell in love with. It didn't matter I tell myself let me enjoy this moment. "So what's in the envelope?" I decided to ask, I sounded so hasty but I was so curious. Michael looked up from his plate and said 'It wasn't much but I wanted you to know how much I love you it's that best you read it."

Later after dinner was finished I had not eaten most of my food, I ate just enough. He was worried but didn't let it show. He handed me the envelope and said this is yours. I took my time to open it trying to hide the haste, I wanted to see what was in it.

It read.

Your beautiful skin was pure as the white snow that fell the first year I met you. Your smile was bright like the sun that shines on this dark skin of mine, the beautiful Queen of my life.

The day I met you I knew I would love you, from your beautiful English accent to your strong and kind personality. My dear Lilith, I will love you always as you are the only woman for me.

Lilith my teacher the woman with the patience of a goddess and the love to make any man sane. Lilith my one and only love. Though it was sudden you will always be a gift to me my dear Lilith I will love you always. Happy Valentines Day

Yours only Michael Roberts.

I read it and how could I leave this man? The love I felt for him was something I couldn't fathom or maybe it had been years since I felt it. It didn't matter I love this man and will enjoy this moment to the fullest.

'How did you-' I grabbed him and kissed him. My full lips locked with his and God did this feel right and satisfying.

After a long kiss, I said: "It was perfect my king." His eyes teared up and then he said 'Happy Valentines Day Lilith.'

"Happy Valentines Day Michael."

End of Chapter: Valentine a Lilith and Michael short.