The Party of Monsters and Men 1

~~~Gabriel

I never knew how beautiful these parties were until I got to experience them myself. It was exciting, but it also showed we never know who we are around.

They set up so quickly; the party was filled with servers in black with food and a private bar. Lilith was walking around. She would exchange words with everybody but only for a few seconds. I had only met 3 of the nine I was surprised I had siblings. Lucian was a twin to Lucia; the ladies and men were all crowding over Lucian; it was a mix of vampires and humans.

Lucia sat by herself at the bar, a man in a black suit was talking to her. She sat in a black female business suit with slacks. I had never seen a female where that kind of attire before, she wore red flats and a red shirt. Her height and the way she carried seemed to intimidate most of the men, but that one.
They then got up and left to where I don't know, though she was laughing, so it seems like she had wanted to have had a good time with her guest.

I had spent the majority of the time at the party taking everything in and enjoying the jazz, the orchestra in red was playing. I saw Carter; he looked a lot better. He had felt at home more than I could say for myself. He had spent his time socializing with a lot of the humans. He was definitely in his element.

'How's the party?' I turned it was Fù-guān, she was smiling. I was still baffled by how she looked like Lilith. "Yes, the party is great." I had done my best to keep my thoughts silent in my head. She didn't seem to care too much. The music wasn't loud, and I could hear her, but something felt off. I felt lightheaded 'are you okay?' She looked a bit more concerned, "I'm fine, just going to get some air." Although I had no idea which exit to use, I couldn't use the front they had people pouring in, so I scanned the room for another door and noticed the one near the heart-shaped stairs, but before I could make my move, my hand was being grabbed I turned it was Fù-guān.

She walked me to the main and said, 'this is your house as much as it's ours.' Her voice sounded so concerned, almost like a big sister. I was suddenly outside, and it was littered with people just not as many as inside. I turned, and I could still see her. She then said, 'Be safe and stay inside the gated area.' It was cold outside, but I didn't mind. The snow had taken over the ground like an army, some of the grass peeked out from the snow, but it wasn't much. I stood there and saw the people it wasn't too dark, though, as the moon illuminated a lot of the area.

I found myself walking around the castle, taking in the design, whoever did this spend a lot of time doing it. I got to the bank and found myself admiring the design, the castle was secluded, but it made people feel welcome. The lights from the windows downstairs showed their shadows moving erratically. They must be dancing to jazz music.

I found myself walking up some stairs, they led to a room, but I wasn't sure which room it was. It felt familiar, but the door wear my suit was hanging was a closet. These steps were cleaned and well maintained; I thought it would be best to set and gather my side. The coldness of the steps went up to my spine; I did not let it stop me, though.

'How long are you going to be out here anyway?' I didn't feel like turning. I was already too comfortable in my stone seat. The voice had been kind and cocky. She had a bit of an accent also "Not much else to do." My heart was racing a bit; maybe it was because my gun felt like it was a lifeline. Or perhaps it was because this voice behind me made me feel too comfortable. "You do know the party is on the other side of the mansion, right?" I said this without turning around. 'To be honest, I found the party quite boring.' This made me come pause in my thoughts. That party was extravagant, and it was definitely beautiful; the decorations filled the dancing rooms, and the food was out of this world. "How was the party boring?" I had heard a soft chuckle; then she spoke her voice still sounding bored. 'You and I both know how it was boring. The slobs in that place both humans in vampires, the vampires will discreetly feed on the humans, and they will be none the wiser and continue to eat their fill with the expensive food.' I felt uneasy, but I could sense that she was telling the truth.