Chapter Thirty Three.

ASALAMOALAIKUM...
Sorry ♡ for being late...

Mahi's POV:

My life is a mess.

What do I do?! Kya karoon mein- yeh sub... sub galt horeha hai. Abu ko kaise kahoon k Shehryar doesn't likes me? I mean, the looks he gives me. He toh definitely hates my guts. I pace in guest room as abu, Uncle and Aunty, discuss about mine and Shehryar's marriage. Oh merya ALLAH.

I ran hand through my hair and sat down on bed, frustrated with the situation. Galt fehmi. They misunderstood the whole thing. When they saw me above Shehryar- laughing and all happy, they just assumed we are getting along. I dint said anything either but yar- ek hafte mein shadi?! Ugh! Kya timing thi. I rub my face in my hands.

I should have said something but at that time when they all just stared at me and Shehryar, I just couldn't look back at them- aur jab abu ki teraf dekha... unki khushi se bhari ankhein dekhi... Kuch samjh nhi aya then. After a long time, abu had loooked at me with love. If I will tell him that I failed for the first thing he ever asked me. That Shehryar don't want to marry me- Everything will be finished. The love- the concern...sub kuch.

"No no no." I shook my head and tears well up in my eyes. I blinked them away. I have to be strong. I can't let down, abu. Itne saalo baad jo bherosa abu ne dhikaya hai- jo pyaar dikhaya hai. No. I can't let this all go. I have died every day waiting for this. I will never say No to this marriage. I sighed deeply and fell back on the bed- staring at the ceiling.

"ALLAH g... yeh kaisa imtihaan hai?" I whispered as I felt a tear rolling down my eyes and dropping on my ear.

"Imtihan?" I gasped and sat up abruptly. My eyes widening as Shanaya stare back at me. I blinked my eyes and forced out a smile.

"Hey, devrani g." I said, trying to be enthusiastic but she just furrowned back at me and I looked away. Bad acting Mahi. I scold myself when she came to sit beside me.

"Jhithani g." Shanaya whispered and I giggled, glancing at her. She smiled and took hold of my hand. I looked down at her hand.

"You can trust me with this. If you wanna talk- I am all ears." She spoke softly and I smiled a genuine smile. She is such a beautiful soul. Still wonder, how Shehryar dint marry her.

"I am okay."I replied and she shook her head.

"You don't look okay." She whispered and I gulped down the lump in my throat.

"Nhi jaani- I am fine pakka." I lied to loosed her stress. She looked extremely worried, but I have to deal with this alone. I can't go and cry in front of anyone. I have to marry Shehryar. All for abu.

Wait.

Why Shehryar dint say No? I was furrowning when Shanaya snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"Kehaan kho gayi?" She asked and I smiled at her- too brightly. She must think I am way too happy- maybe that's how everyone believe that I am okay and happy.

"Kho hi toh gayi hoon. Shehryar ki yaado mein!" I exclaimed trying to look happy and she laughed. Good.

"Acha jee?" She asked and I nodded.

"Don't worry, kuch hi dino ki baat hai' then you will be happy..." Shanaya looked down and smiled. "He will be happy." She whispered and I furrowned.

What was that?

"Shanaya-" I whispered and she looked up at me. She was still smiling, but her eyes were glassy. She shook her head.

"My best wishes are with both of you! I want you to be the best couple." She said and I smiled at her- she hugged me and I hugged back.