Chapter Twenty One.

Shanaya's POV:

"What is going on in his head?"I whisper to myself as I add chilli powder into chicken. I was cooking chicken salan (gravy) for lunch. After insisting Aunty a lot, she finally let me cook. So here I am cooking chicken gravy, but my mind still wandering around the questions, those which are left unanswered. I add salt and haldi in the gravy, after chopping the tomatoes. I stired the gravy and left it to be cook for a while. I moved towards the chopping table and started slicing onions and cucumbers for Salad.

"Shanaya-" I turned around and saw Hussain coming in. He came and stood beside me.

"Kya pakking?" He asked childishly and I laughed.

"Chicken gravy." I replied and h3 nodded. He picked up a cucumber slice and I shook my head.

"I am hugry!" He exclaimed and I stared at him.

"We had breakfast like- 2 hours before." I said and he nodded.

"Yeah.. twooo hours ago." He stretch the sound of two and I nodded slowly.

"Fine. Food be ready in another 15 minutes." I said and he smiled. I ask him to move aside and picked up the spoon, stirring into the gravy. Its almost done, chicken needs to be cooked well. I lowered the gas, letting the gravy be cooked on low heat. The slow the better. I moved back to the chopping table and Caught Hussain staring at me. I furrowned yet smiled. He was now leaning on the chopping table while I stood beside him.

"What?" I asked smiling and he chuckled.

"Nothing." He scratch his neck and I eyed him suspiciously. I picked up three tomatoes and walked upto the sink to wash them, before cutting.

A small gasp left my lips and tomatoes fell into the sink when Hussain wrapped his arms around me From behind, resting his chin on my shoulder. I blinked, my heart beats quickened.

"H-hussain I have work." I stated.

"Hmm.."

"Hmm nhi choro." I said and he lowered his head, kissing my neck causing my eyes to shut. My heart skipped a beat when his left arm unwrapped around my waist and he hold my hand, he raised my arm with his hand and place it on behind of his neck, I folded my fingers in his hair, tugging slightly. His arm around my waist swirled me around. My eyes shot open and I stared in dark brown eyes of Hussain. My hands on his chest. He was breathing heavily, his face expression unreadable. I shut my eyes as he kissed my forehead and I suck in a deep breath.

Wait.

"What's this smell?" I asked, more to myself and my eyes widened. I got away from Hussain walking straight to the stove.

"Oh Allah!" I exclaimed stirring worriedly in the gravy. It was slightly burned from lower part of pot but not completely. I sighed in relief.

"Thanks Allah g." I whispered and walked upto fridge. I took out the milk and poured a little in the chicken gravy, my ami always said k agar khana neeche lag jaye so just add some milk, the burn smell will go away in seconds. I took in the essence of the gravy and ALHAMDULALLAH no burning smell. I covered the pot and turned off the gas. Taking a deep breath I turned around. Hussain's face holding a worried expression.

"I am sorry." He said seriously and I nodded. We stood there for few seconds just processing what just happened and then.... We laughed. He sat on the stool and I stood near the sink, laughing at no one particularly. After a while he shook his head, standing up.

"Seriously- Romance in kitchen... not so cool." He stated and we laughed again. I nodded in agreement.

"Can you call everyone, I will get the lunch to dining table." I asked and Hussain nodded, smiling. He left and I finished making Salad. I took out a tray and filled it with white rice I had made before. I poured Salan and then finally took salad. I balanced the ball and salad small tray in my hand. As I walked of the door, my heel slipped, but I caught balance. I furrowned, stupid heels. Why do I even wear them? Oh yeah... cause I love them.

"Done." I whispered to myself as I place the stuff in my hand on the table and walked backwards. Just when I turned my heel slipped and this time I lost balance and I shut my eyes.

"Ah-" my scream was cut short as someone caught me mid-air by my waist, preventing me to fall. My eyes shot opened and met the pair of dark brown eyes, those who belongs to Shehryar. He stared down at me and I froze. Shehryar's one arm was wrapped around my waist while the other was on my arm. I moved my shoulder, indicating him to remove his hand and thankfully he did so. I hold onto his shoulder to stand back up and I felt his body stiffened. I don't want reaction from him. I stood up and took a step back instantly. His hand slipped away and I gulped.

"Thanks." I said lowly and he nodded. A small smile on his lips. I turned around and walked upto the kitchen. I turned around just to see what Shehryar was doing now, when I saw Hussain. He was standing on stairs. My heart skipped a beat.

Was he standing there the whole time? What is he thinking? My heart rate quickened as I saw him shaking his head. He trudged down the stairs and sat on his seat. I walked into the kitchen and near the fridge. I took out a water bottle and then placed four glasses in the tray. I headed back and settled them on the dining table. Aunty has arrived and they were just starting. I sat beside Hussain. I glanced his way. He was silently eating. I looked back down on my own plate. Is he angry? I furrowed and stared at my plate.

"Beta khana khao." Aunty voice startled me and I gasped. All the eyes on the table turned towards me and o gulped. Did I mention I don't like to be the center of attention? Well I guess I had said that already.

"Y-yeah." I forced a smile and started wating my food, Aunty had served for me. I was eating silently and then I felt it. My heart burden lifted and a small smile made it's way to my lips when I felt Hussain's hand on mine which was on my lap. I turned my hand and he interwined our fingers.

I glanced Hussain's way, a smile on my lips but it soon faded when I saw Hussain. Hussain's eyes weren't on me but were settled on Shehryar who was busy in eating. I furrowned, what is this? Hussain grip on my hand tightened and I winced. His eyes shot my way.

"I am sorry." He whispered and I nodded. My eyebrows still furrowning when Hussain unfolded his fingers. I gulped down the lump in my throat and let go of Hussain's hand. Cause It was on my hand, but he wasn't holding it. I blinked and looked away.

Soon enough everyone started getting up and I stayed little longer. Hussain stood up and left after Aunty and Shehryar.

What just happened?

-***-

A/N: ASALAMOALAIKUM!

Suprise Suprise! Lol

Happy?

state one fav scene...

Answer this question:

•What do you think is going in Hussain and Shehryar's mind... please answer is must!

ILoveYouAll!!

~Khuvahish...