Chapter Seventeen.

Shanaya's POV:

"Bye. I will be back in an hour IN SHAA ALLAH." Hussain said as he walked near the door, leaving me alone in our room. I watch him as he left the room. Moments later I laid back in my bed and closed my eyes. Tired.

After arriving at airport, we drove back to our house. Shehryar was driving and the uneasiness kept building up in me while he stared at me few times through rear mirror. He dint say anything but everything was extremely awkward. Hussain and Shehryar haven't said a word to each other and Aunty is really worried. She is such a good person. She had helped me a lot while I was sad cause of ami. Ami. Today while returning home we went to see her. She was just like before. Beautiful but sleeping. Doctors say she will wake soon though. I hope so.

I opened my eyes and stare at the ceiling. Someone knocked on the door and I sat up. Adjusting my dubata (veil) on my shoulders, I saw Aunty coming in. She smiled at me and then took seat beside me. I smiled back at her.

"Shanaya beta. Please Shehryar ko maaf kardo." She said out of blue and I furrowned. When I dint replied, she continued.

"Asif is really angry with him. Meine koshish ki ke woh Shehryar ko maaf karde per unhe nhi samjha payi. Shehryar is really sorry for what he did." She said and I lowered my gaze. Shehryar is sorry? But in the lift he said...

"Beta please. Meri family ko sath kardo phir se." I raised my eyes to see Aunty has tears in her eyes. She stared at me with pleading eyes. I cannot forgive Shehryar. But I don't want to keep him away from his family.

"Aunty... please ap mat roye." I said and she hugged me. She cried on my shoulder. My heart aching for her.

"Asif, Maha ko le ker wapis texas chale gaye hai. Aur unho tumhari meri aur Hussain ki chaar (4) din baad ki tickets book kardi hai...But he don't want to see Shehryar..." She informed me while crying on my shoulder. Tears well up in my eyes too. I respect Uncle to care so mucb for me, but I can't just let aunty cry.

Aunty is so sad cause of Shehryar. She os just a mother wanting her son to be with his family. She is not wrong. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Aunty...Shehryar can come with us. If needed toh mein uncle se baat karoon gi." I said and Aunty pull away. She smiled and nodded. I returned the gesture with my own smile. She then stood up and left saying she have some work in kitchen.

I was nervous about this whole staying in a same house thing, but I have no right to separate a mother from her son. No.

I changed in my white simple dress, cause it was night already. Hussain wasn't back yet and I was thinking to sleep. My eyes were tired and all I want is sleep. But I have thought to inform Hussain about my second meeting with Shehryar in lift.

I don't want to hide anything from him. I still feel guilty that I dint told him sooner.

"Hey." I jumped and look back to see Shehryar on my door. I furrowned and he smiled at me. He was leaned on the door frame. My eyes lowered on their own, his white button up shirt was left open from up, as I can see his chest a little. Feeling strange I look away. He walked in and I tried to think something.

Should I say him to get out?

"Nice." Shehryar commented and I raised my eyes to see he was staring at my dress. I turned around, feeling incredibly uncomfortable.

"Hussain's not here." I said, guessing he has came to see Hussain. But...

"I know." He whispered and I gasped when I felt his hand on my hip. I walked forward and his hand stuck mid-air. I turned towards him with an glare and he turned his hand into fist.