Chapter Four.

Shanaya's POV:

"Umm... Hi?" Hussain said as he stood beside the bed I was seated. My mind was blank, dint know how to deal with this all. I am married to him. Things should be so different but....this all is so awkard and overwhelming, not in a good way. I dint dare to look up though. Call me coward, I don't care. I am trying to handle all this the best I can.

"Shanya.. mein...woh..." Hussain stammered and I looked up slowly. He is nervous? Our eyes met and he smiled at me. I just stared back at him. He sat down across from me. And then scoot a little closer. My breaths hitched in my throat as he hold my gaze. I trembled under his intense gaze. I looked down at my hands. I was clutching my knees tightly and my heart was beating so fast, I was afraid he can hear it too.

"Shanaya." Hussain whisper and I closed my eyes. What does he even wants to say?!

"Whatever happened, however happened... I just wanna make sure you know this... this marriage is mot a joke to me or any type of burden. I married you...with my own will." Hussain whispered as he took hold of my hand. I shivered as he squeezed my hand, reassuring me that he meant what he is saying. I looked up to see he was staring at my hand, a slight frown settled on his face. I too furrowned and looked down as well. My hand was shivering in his hand. I pull my hand but he dint let it go. Instead he hold it tightly. I looked up at him scared. I can't help this fear that is bubbling inside me.

I am not ready for this. For any of this.

"Shanaya... tum...Are you afraid of me?" Hussain asked. His eyes boring into mine. I gulped and shook my head 'no'. He slowly let go of my hand. And he stood up. He pace in front of the bed for two minutes and my eyea followed his moves.

Did I angered him? Will he.... hurt me?

"I am so... sorry." He said and looked at me. I stared back confused. He looked down and ran his hand through his hair. He looked at me again. He raised his both arms in air- defensively.

"I won't hurt you Shanaya. Mein aisa nhi hoon." He said and I looked at my hands. I can trust him? I should trust him?

" I- mein... I-" He stammered and I looked at him again. He sat on the bed again. This time his back to me, as he place his  head in his hands. He sighed heavily before standing up again. I looked him as he started walking towards the door.

"Shanaya, So jao." He whispered without looking at me and opened the door. Just before closing the door he whispered.

"I am sorry." He said and left the room. Sound of the door closing echoed in the silent room.

"You don't have to be sorry. You are not the one who should be saying sorry." I whispered, although no one heard it. Tears slipped out of my eyes and rolled down my cheek. I wipe them away and lied down on the bed, on which I was seated since an hour. Candles were still illuminating dim light. But the darkness I had fall upon is unbearable.

I turned to my side and tried to sleep. Maybe Hussain wont be back soon. I am thankful that he dint tried anything because if he had, I dint knew what to do. I closed my eyes and thought about something,  anything that will be less tense than this situation. Nothing came to my mind but Shehryar's face. I opened my eyes and wiped away the tears that have fallen. Why Shehryar? The question came to my mind, causing my heart to scream in pain.

Maybe an hour had passed and I wasn't anywhere near to sleeping. I turned in the bed, my back to the door. Few minutes later the door opened, really slowly. If I was asleep I wouldn't have know that someone opened the door. A click sound told me that the door was locked now. I closed my eyes. Pretending to asleep. Maybe this is Hussain. My doubts cleared when bed behind me dipped, when someone sat on it. Some shuffling sound was made and then whoever was behind me stopped moving and sound of slightly snoring could be hear.

He is asleep. I turned around and saw Hussain sleeping peacefully. I smiled slightly and closed my eyes as well. Hussain turned softly and looked at me sleepily. I peeked at him as he smiled to himself, thinking that I am asleep. His hand reached out and he pull my hair behind my ear. I tried my best to steady my breaths. Hoping he doesn't know I am not sleeping. He stared at me for a minute and then ever so slightly whispered.

"Good Night, Shanaya." And then he slump back on his pillow and closed his eyes.

I dint say anything, cause he thought I was sleeping but in my heart I replied him 'Good night, Hussain.'

I hope someday I will be able to say him this a loud. Someday.

--------*****----------

A/N: ASALAMOALAIKUM!

Here is another update! Sorry if its small... next upadte will be soon...

Tell me what scene is your favorite from this chapter :D

ILoveYouAll!!

~ Khuvahish...