Prologue

I have this theory.

If you want a cliche love story, you have to become a huge cliche. That's why I haven't had my fairy tale romance, or any romance at all.

You see I've had this huge crush on Jacob Kregel, our schools quarter back and the cliche version to getting the football player is becoming a cheerleaders and always hang out with the team and you become so close its like destiny that you're together.

Then there's the other version where you're the worlds biggest stereotypical nerd, and you have to tutor him because he's failing some class and over that one hour you guys hang out he realizes he's always had feelings for you.

But my problem is I'm both. Well not the cheerleader part but I'm always with the team. In fact I'm the kicker so I play with him.

And that's another problem.

He doesn't see me as a smart, funny, athletic girl he'd want to date. He sees the covered in mud and dirt, frustrated, McAdam's me. His "bro", "dude" and the worst "one of the guys."

Sometimes I wish I was a cliche so I wouldn't have to hear him talk about Ashley's ass, or how good of a kisser Kim is(apparently not that good but that's besides the point).

All I want is for him to see the real me and instantly fall in love with me no matter what other people think. I want a fairy tale ending. A cliche fairy tale ending.

Is that too much to ask for?