Ygritte- String (a)

"Having some trouble there?" Ygritte laughed as another arrow flew from your bow and sailed straight past the target that you had your eyes on.

"I don't understand. I had no issue yesterday but today I wouldn't be able to hit a giant." She giggled again as you released an arrow with the same fate.

"Let me try." Her hands ripped the bow from your grasp and she followed the steps that you took, only her movements looked much more purposeful. Her gaze turned to the weapon as her arrow flew to the side, although much faster than yours did. "Maybe it is the bow..." She questioned as he hands ran up and down the dark, stained curve of the bow. "Where did you get this thing from?"

"Some traders came into camp whilst you were patrolling yesterday, I traded for it. It looked okay when I brought it." Her hands danced around the entwined string.

"I know what the problem is." Her fingers tore the knots apart and discarded the twine onto the snow. "These people never take the time to string their bows properly. They don't care if it snaps when you're fighting, after the trade you'll never see the same one twice." She pulled a long bundle of string from her satchel and quickly began tightly knotting it around the wood. "Luckily for you I keep spare and I'm in a good mood."

"You know you can't help but be I a good mood with me, we've been travelling together for far too long to be enemies."

"Travelling companions doesn't equate to friendship but, you're right. I'm glad to have the luck to have met you, even if you will never be as good with this thing as I am." She threw the freshly strung bow into your chest and handed you am arrow from her quiver. "Come on, this arrow will fly true or may the Old Gods strike me as I stand."

"I should be so lucky." You joked, just in Ygritte's earshot as you tugged harshly on the string. "I don't know about this, maybe I should have gone to a professional instead." Ygritte reminded you who you were talking to before the two of you broke out into a giggle.

After you had recovered you pulled the string and sent an arrow hurtling into the centre of the target. Ygritte walked away with a confident grin.

~*~

Written by Aaron.