Jon Snow- Fire (a)

"Nice sword you've got there. Did the poor little noble boy get lost on the wrong side of the wall?" Shards splintered outwards as you whittled wood down into arrows shafts.

"I'm no noble. The names Jon Snow." The strange man walked by Ygritte's side, seating himself next to the veracious fire as so many of the group had chosen to do.

"What are you then?" You asked him, Ygritte whispered something into his ear, and he looked up at you under his eyes with a coy smile on his face.

"A very... interrogatory welcome. I thought the Freefolk accepted all into their ranks?"

"We do, we just don't normally kneel for some poncy cunt just because they're some pretty boy that managed to bend over one of our women." The man from the other side of the fire interjected himself into the conversation, the tall overbearing man with scars that lined his face sharpened his axe as he spoke.

"And how exactly did you make your way up the ranks of this wonderful army?"

"I proved myself to these people. I have defended these people and many times I've almost gave my life for these people. Most of all though I know that I can trust every single person here with my life. At least I could do until you decided to rear your ugly fucking head."

"Now, now." You tried to deescalate the situation, although they did not sit by a formal list of rules, the Freefolk were honourable among themselves, it still wasn't uncommon for a fight to break out between members. "And I don't think that you have any right to call somebody ugly."

"What!?" The burly man rose from his log, axe clutched tightly in his hairy hand. "You really think that is attractive?" He gestured to Jon.

A large majority of the gathering nodded in agreement, much to his displeasure.

"Really? Look at him! I've seen more muscle on a fucking pigeon."

"Don't be jealous now." Ygritte ran her finger down the front of Jon's coat, even in the blistering cold the warrior turned redder and redder.

"He looks like an unkempt yak!" Everybody could not help but laugh at his pathetic attempts to berate the new initiate, ultimately causing him to get up from the fire and strop over into the tent which he had built and claimed.

"Somebody go and get me when we go to pillage, I'm going to bed."

~*~

Written by Aaron.