Podrick Payne- Bet (c)

You had decided to meet Podrick as a surprise whilst you were on a break from your work, but it had quickly become one of the things that you regretted most. You had reached the door to the room where you knew that Podrick would be, but you heard Bronn say your name and your curiosity stopped you from opening the door. Silently, you took a step closer to the door, listening in to their conversation.

"It doesn't matter anymore," Pod stated.

"A bet's a bet. You deserve your gold for asking out Y/N, threw in a couple extra seen as you've continued seeing her for thus long."

Your heart stopped. Podrick had asked you on a date just over a month ago, after you had liked him for a lot longer. You didn't know what got him to ask you out that day after knowing each other for so long, but you were just happy to go on a date with him and didn't bother questioning it. Maybe you should have.

Normally you wouldn't have had the confidence to barge into a room, but you were angry and confused and hurt. You slammed open the door, shocking both men within, neither knowing you had been stood outside.

"I was a bet?"

All the colour drained from Podrick's face as he tried to stammer some words, but you started to sob and ran away from the doorway.

You didn't want to see him; you didn't want the pain to continue inside of you, but it was impossible to not feel so much pain. You didn't know when you were going to stop running but your decision was taken from you when someone caught hold of your wrist. Turning back, you saw Podrick.

"Let me explain," he whispered.

"What is there to explain? You got your gold, didn't you?" You spat. "I am glad my heart was worth the coin."

"No, that's not what happened, please Y/N," he begged.

You didn't want to hear him out, but your heart had longed for him too long to let you continue to run from it.

"Bronn did create a bet. He knew I was in love with you from the moment I saw you and wanted to push me into acting upon it as he knew I was too scared to do it myself. I never meant to hurt you and I wanted to tell you, but I knew you would hate me for it. I have been in love with you for too long and I certainly didn't ask you to go on a date for gold, I did it because I wanted to and the bet gave me an excuse to stop being scared," he explained. "I understand if you hate me forever, but please let me make it up to you."

You let out a pained breath. "I trust you to be a good man, Podrick," you whispered. "I just do not know how to feel now."

Podrick moved his hand down from your wrist to your own hand.

"I promise you Y/N, I will make this up to you," he smiled softly. "Will you let me do that?"

You nodded your head.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.