Davos Seaworth- Shireen (c)

Having opened the door to the young girl's bedroom, you were glad they hadn't noticed your presence. Although it was far more like a prison cell for her which you certainly didn't agree with, you were just glad that the young girl was safe and seeing her with your husband made your heart melt. Shireen wasn't overly close with her parents, not that she didn't try. Her mother cared little for her, seeing her facial deformity from greyscale in infancy as sinful and blaming her for not being the healthy son she wished she had. Her father though did love her, just struggled to show it but you hoped dearly that Shireen knew how much he cared for her. Even without the best parents in the world, Ser Davos treated her as his own daughter, and you were glad that both of them were able to have a close relationship.

In Shireen's room, she sat at a small table, Davos sat beside her as he slowly read words from a page in an old and well-loved book. Shireen sat silently, offering him an encouraging smile, only speaking to offer him assistance. You had tried to teach him to read before, but he was a stubborn man, but the sweet child had broken down such walls encouraging him to learn how to read.

"I am sorry to intrude," you said softly.

If you could have, you would have silently backed out of the room and left them to spend time together. It wasn't fair to leave a young girl to herself in her room, she needed company and love and Davos offered her that and she offered him the child he had lost. However, you needed him to return home for the day and with the night coming soon, you didn't want to stay much longer.

"Lady Y/N," Shireen grinned, jumping up from her seat so that she could hold you close.

You happily returned the hug. If you could, you'd sweep her away and take her as your own child, but it wouldn't be proper. Instead you and your husband spent as much time as you could with her, making sure she knew that she was loved.

"I am sorry to take your student, Princess," you smiled softly. "But it is getting late and we must return home for the night."

"Will you be back tomorrow?" She asked, looking between you and your husband.

"You father wants to meet with Davos tomorrow, but I will visit you in the morning and I am sure he shall join us after lunch."

She thanked you before telling your husband that she would continue teaching him to read tomorrow before you bid her fair well.

As you closed her door behind the two of you, you stood on your tip toes to press a kiss to his cheek.

"How are your lessons going?" You asked.

"They're going well," he nodded. "She's a good little teacher."

"She'll get you reading and writing in no time," you smiled.

He shook his head. "It'd be nice to finally read your letters without someone dictating them to me."

"Soon," you said. "And maybe I shall finally get one in return."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.