Podrick Payne- Injury (c)

Travelling through Westeros was never a good idea. No matter where you went there were dangers and travelling between cities left you in no-mans land for a while where it seemed to be a free for all.

You were travelling with your new squire Podrick, to pass a very important message on to Jon Snow at Castle Black, but that meant travelling from Kings Landing, where the message originated. Podrick wasn't a fighter. He wanted to learn, and you tried to teach him but with danger at every corner, you didn't have much chance to teach him to the best of your ability.

The two of you had set up camp for the night, tying up your horses, so they didn't wander away. You hoped that with a fire ablaze, the two of you could settle down for a little before going to sleep, but someone had other plans.

Two men attacked the camp, but you were an expert fighter, so there wasn't too much issue in it. You were able to take out one of them with ease, but you were busy trying to protect Podrick, so didn't notice the man still standing swinging his sword, smacking into your shoulder. The sword sliced into your skin between your armour. You let out a scream, dropping your sword in shock.

Although the pain was intense, you knew you had no choice but to fight. You stumbled out of the way, trying to pry your dagger from its sheath but the man swung his sword again. It felt hopeless, and you assumed it was the end of you, but before the sword could hit you, Pod jutted out your sword, blocking the attack. You were left speechless as he swung it again, hitting the man, fatally wounding him.

You were left breathless, crumpling on the floor. Podrick dropped the sword into the grass, scrambling to join you on the floor. He begun to untie your armour, but you pushed his hands away.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Thank you Pod," you smiled softly, ignoring his question. "I had no hope without you."

You could see his cheeks becoming red as you complimented him, him looking away to avoid eye contact.

"You're a good teacher," he shrugged.

Maybe because you had to face your mortality, maybe because he had proved himself a hero, you leaned in, cupping his cheek with your good hand, pulling him in to kiss him. Both of you were taken aback by your action but not upset by it.

"I'm sorry Pod," you whispered.

"You don't need to be sorry," he said softly, going back to working on your shoulder armour.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.