Jaime Lannister- Tavern (c)

Having worked as a barmaid for a few years, you had started to recognise most of the patrons who came by. Rarely did anyone from out of town come in and that meant when someone you didn't know came in, you made note of them. A young man around your age entered the tavern you worked in and instantly had heads turning. He was attractive but you couldn't imagine that was the reason the middle-aged to elderly men around you were in awe of him, several of them even bowing to him.

You had no idea who this man was and even if everyone else did, to you he was just another patron and as long as you got paid, you didn't care. He made his way over to the bar and sat on the stool directly in front of you.

"Hello beautiful," he smiled up at you.

Your expression didn't change. You had heard every compliment in the book, and you hadn't heard anything that had made you care enough to offer them the free or discounted beverage they were so after. You gave the board above your head a smack to get his attention to the price list.

"What can I get you?" You asked.

"Whatever you'd recommend."

You poured out a tankard of ale and placed it in front of him, the coins already waiting for you, more coins than any drink you sold was worth.

"You've given me too much," you stated, holding out the change.

"No, I haven't," he corrected. "A gorgeous woman like yourself deserves something that will bring a smile to that remarkable face."

Resting an elbow on the bar surface, you cocked an eyebrow at him. You enjoyed the flirting from a man you actually found attractive, but you knew there was always an ulterior motive.

"I'm too sober for this," you chuckled to yourself.

He rifled in his pocket and pulled out a couple more coins, sliding them across the bar to you.

"Then get yourself a drink," he smiled fondly.

You took the coins and poured yourself the same as what you had for him.

"My time isn't for hire, sir," you stated. "Thank you for the drink, but I don't sell my company."

Enough men had come through the door and hoped they'd get a cheaper deal than if they had gone to the local brothel, it had become your first assumption when men were being too nice.

He shook his head. "The only thing I'd like to do with your time is to get to know you. You are unlike any woman I know."

"And how many women do you know?"

He chuckled, holding out his hand to you. "I'm Jaime."

You shook his hand. "Y/N."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.